Which PTZ?

KCXLT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone. What would you choose between the PTZ SD1A203T-GN and the PTZ SD1A404XB-GNR? These are to monitor my backyard, max distance would be around 40ft. From reading the forums I think the 2mp one should be better at night. The 4mp one has better zoom. I would have the option to add some IR lighting if needed, but I would prefer to just use the cameres.

I was going to get the PTZ SD49225XA-HNR, but it is just to big for the location.

These will be purchased from Andy.

Thanks
Kevin

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi everyone. What would you choose between the PTZ SD1A203T-GN and the PTZ SD1A404XB-GNR? These are to monitor my backyard, max distance would be around 40ft. From reading the forums I think the 2mp one should be better at night. The 4mp one has better zoom. I would have the option to add some IR lighting if needed, but I would prefer to just use the cameres.

I was going to get the PTZ SD49225XA-HNR, but it is just to big for the location.

These will be purchased from Andy.

Thanks
Kevin
Wait......never, never lower the bar in front of the CFO, ever. In the beginning, always order the biggest, most expensive camera, even if it is a bit big for what you need. That way, the CFO has a baseline amount set in her brain for what you have led her to believe it should cost and she will be ecstatic when you buy something a lot cheaper and you can brag you had to search non-stop for weeks to find such a deal......If you have done a good job falsely elevating the importance of always buying the biggest and most expensive, because her safety is worth it, she might let ya order two......:cool: Just watching out for our bros.....

Last edited: