Which software for my cams? RTSP streams.

Knogle

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahoy friends, i'm guite new here and looking for help in this area :)

Currently i got 6 of these cams here ieGeek 1080P Überwachungskamera, Sony 2 MP Objektiv HD IP Kamera, LAN & Wlan Sicherheitskamera für Außen Wasserdicht, Unterstützung FTP, Email, IR Nachtsicht, Bis zu 128GB SD Karte, Schwarz: Amazon.de: Baumarkt
The software is quite useless, but they provide RTSP streams.
I was able to get them added into ZoneMinder, and they work fine.
But i'd like to do the following.
I want to put a screen into my living room, and it should display an overview of all the cams, and their current live video, nothing else.
In order to do so i got a HDMI monitor, and a Raspberry Pi 4.
But for which software am i looking for in order to do so?
The recording and motion stuff could be done by a software, maybe ZoneMinder, but is there a software which includes this function as well?
I'd also like to have a software, which is able to make copies, or backups, using FTP or SFTP, to not to use the local storage of the "server".
Or at least the possibility to delete old videos, in order to not to run out of space.
Also after a power loss, it should boot up, and go back to this screen again automatically.

Or is it better to let the ZoneMinder stuff do the one thing, and the "live display" uses the RTSP streams in order to provide the video? Is there some video player, which is able to cut the screen into 4 pieces, and display one RTSP stream on each? That would be what i want.

Thanks in advance for the help of all of you!

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are several software packages for recording/motion detection, like Blue Iris (Windows-based), which many people here use.

Check out this project using RPi, for monitor only.

IPcamtalk thread:

Last edited: