Why are Model Numbers Different between Dahua’s Website and Amazon

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember Dahua will NOT support the Chinese Loryta brand for any firmware updates, you will always have to rely on a Chinese seller here. I would always recommend a local Authorised Seller this way you are fully supported.
That’s an odd statement to read after coming from threads where Andy (or “the Chinese seller here”, as you refer to him) has been working with Dahua firmware engineers and forum members here to get a better auto-IR feature into the 5442 firmware. There seems to be a regular cadence where forum members here get a new firmware version, test, and then provide feedback that Andy gets back to Dahua that gets factored into the next firmware build.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, this reminds me of shopping for mattresses, each store has there own model number making it difficult to compare.
To make it even more fun, if Dahua US happened to carry an international model you were interested in, they’d give it a different model number than the Dahua international model number. :banghead:

Andy sells OEM Dahua equipment under his own brands (like Loryta). This gives him the ability to set and advertise his own prices. AFAIK, OEM resellers can’t sell using Dahua brand model numbers. Personally, I find his model numbers easier to understand than Dahua’s. As an OEM reseller, it also means he’s responsible for all warranty and support. If you haven’t already, check the 5442 owner review threads here. They’re all Andy’s OEM models and the threads have input from a lot of different owners.

Like @bigredfish mentioned, Dahua doesn’t sell many of the popular low-light models in North America.

Last edited:

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks like an Alibaba order. Ive seen a number of sellers on there that claim ridiculous “wholesale” prices. The one I contacted made me jump through hoops to register as a contractor, and wanted my banking direct information, which of course I wasn’t going to do.
Order many dahua camera from alibaba and im very very happy from these sellers. They respond quickly very good prices and never wrong to any order. They only asked me my address for shipping and nothing elses. It just you have to find the right seller for you because many sellers raise the shipping price for prophit. It only take 2 days to confirm and package the order and about 4-5 days to get the package. The only problem im see is the costum in my country . The price for this model hdw5442tm-ase is 95-100 usd from alibaba.

PLW

n3wb
Reaction score
To make it even more fun, if Dahua US happened to carry an international model you were interested in, they’d give it a different model number than the Dahua international model number. :banghead:

Andy sells OEM Dahua equipment under his own brands (like Loryta). This gives him the ability to set and advertise his own prices. AFAIK, OEM resellers can’t sell using Dahua brand model numbers. Personally, I find his model numbers easier to understand than Dahua’s. As an OEM reseller, it also means he’s responsible for all warranty and support. If you haven’t already, check the 5442 owner review threads here. They’re all Andy’s OEM models and the threads have input from a lot of different owners.

Like @bigredfish mentioned, Dahua doesn’t sell many of the popular low-light models in North America.
Thank you.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you, I noticed this site leans towards the international camera models. In my research I could only identify three reasons, price, availabilty of 3.6mm and 6mm cameras at least for the 5442 international models and this is a world resource. Are there other reasons to slect a international model over a US version for people living in the US?
Hi PLW, as some members have mentioned the camera's are OEM with the Chinese name. I am in the UK and Only buy UK now as I have had lots of problems with Chinese sellers. If I was having any problems with a camera I purchased here in the UK I go straight to Dahua Site and download the correct firmware for that model of camera.

As you have mentioned the 3 main reasons people buy International is Cheaper but ZERO support from Dahua only the seller, like comparing if you purchased a Brand New Imported Honda Motor bike if the engine blew up in the first 3 months Honda would not be interested and ask you to go back to the Imported Seller to make any claim with him. I would pay the little extra to get the manufactures full support along with your retailer.

Here in the UK I get 24/7 phone support with a 3 year next working day return if any problems. If you was in the UK I could have sourced this camera for you and passed on my discount but you are over the Pond and shipping fee's are silly at the moment.

I wish you good luck in your search and this forum has a great wealth of information along with lots of members willing to help.

PLW

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi PLW, as some members have mentioned the camera's are OEM with the Chinese name. I am in the UK and Only buy UK now as I have had lots of problems with Chinese sellers. If I was having any problems with a camera I purchased here in the UK I go straight to Dahua Site and download the correct firmware for that model of camera.

As you have mentioned the 3 main reasons people buy International is Cheaper but ZERO support from Dahua only the seller, like comparing if you purchased a Brand New Imported Honda Motor bike if the engine blew up in the first 3 months Honda would not be interested and ask you to go back to the Imported Seller to make any claim with him. I would pay the little extra to get the manufactures full support along with your retailer.

Here in the UK I get 24/7 phone support with a 3 year next working day return if any problems. If you was in the UK I could have sourced this camera for you and passed on my discount but you are over the Pond and shipping fee's are silly at the moment.

I wish you good luck in your search and this forum has a great wealth of information along with lots of members willing to help.
Thank you, I appricate the sound advice.