Why does my LPR cam sometimes show static?

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Loryta IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E camera (from @EMPIRETECANDY) that I got in Apr 2022. It's been actively capturing license plates very well, day and night.

However, every few weeks I'll find it in a weird state where it is just showing static. I have to manually connect to the camera and reset it to get it working again.

Screenshot_20230314_060735_Chrome.jpg

Anyone else experience this? Any idea what causes this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen that from the camera GUI, but have seen weird things like that in BI when someone tries codec that BI doesn't like.

Is there an SD card in the camera? If so, if the memory is full, I have seen these cameras go wonky when that happens. If so reformat it and see if it goes away.

Have you done any firmware updating? If so it could be a corrupt firmware update.

How is it powered (brand and type of switch or injector) and pure copper cable or CCA?

What firmware version are you on?

A temp solution would be to set up a daily or weekly reboot of the camera.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there an SD card in the camera?
No SD card, so that isn't a factor.

Have you done any firmware updating? If so it could be a corrupt firmware update.
Just the one firmware update recommended by @EMPIRETECANDY when I purchased the camera 2.840.15OG008.0.R, Build Date: 2022-02-18.

How is it powered (brand and type of switch or injector) and pure copper cable or CCA?
BV-Tech 10 Port PoE+ Gigabit Ports 96W, POE-SW811G-PLUS. I suppose it could be a power issue. None of my other cameras have had similar issues, but I know the 5241E-Z12E does perhaps have a higher power requirement. The Ethernet cables are pure copper, not CCA.