Why NVR PoE Status showing RED Circles?

crosis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
NVR: NVR8CH-8P-2AI - FW: V4.000.0000000.1.R, Build Date: 2023/04/27
IPC: 1x B54IR-Z4E-S3, 2x IPC-T54IR-AS-S3, 2x IPC-T54IR-ZE S3

Under Camera > PoE there is a list of camera stating the Status (Green and Red circles), Rate (Mbps), and Power(W). For some time the list has properly shown all 5 of my IPCs -- Status = GREEN, Rate = 100, Power = ~ 6.0. Today i noticed only 2 of the 5 camera are showing. The rest aren't listed. LIVE view shows all 5 cameras working fine so there is no ethernet or video issue with the other 3.

Just wondering why the NVR isnt reflecting the proper information for all the cams. I've already restarted the NVR and unplugged/plugged each Ethernet cable. Only the first 2 ports appear which are the 2x IPC-T54IR-ZE S3. Again all 5 were working several days back.

Attachments

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
See if you have an option on your NVR that says "Reconnect IPC" and click on that.....if the cameras are there then the circles should turn green.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont think that screen is accurate. Mine shows all of my cameras with a "Poor" link even with a 3ft good cable attached at the NVR

I think the watts display is close, but the link not so much.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
In my experience, the green circles are only active if you're using Plug and Play to connect the cameras to the NVR. Have you rebooted the NVR recently?

I prefer using static IPs for my cameras and have always had red circles in the POE screen despite all my cameras working well.