Why We Should NOT Look For Aliens - The Dark Forest

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
It is my understanding, that for the first few years of SETI, they found no signs
of intelligent life or signs thereof.
They have now turned their antennas skyward and are now looking there.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll preface by saying I love Sci-Fi and have a open mind in lots of things. Having said this I've never personally seen any aliens or so called UFO's. As of this writing the Internet is ablaze with news coming out of the United States where the Government has released video and documents their military has seen, recorded, and documented hundreds ~ thousands of encounters.

Regardless of the above the video in question assumes and does pose questions that humans should consider. The first assumption is either we are alone or not. Next, is assuming if there is other intelligent life out there how come we haven't seen any signs of the same?!?

Whelps, one only needs to consider its space and space is huge and the toy like tools we are using isn't going to capture anything. Man hasn't created a way to master space travel much less ever break the light barrier - never mind folding space.

If one just considers our little blue planet which has (approx.) 7~8 billion humans today. The vast majority of people can't get past what to eat, gaming 24-7, killing, raping, and taking. The greatest threat to our civilization is ourselves as we simply can't get along and feel compelled to kill one another over religion and personal beliefs.

If we expand on the very same just consider there may very well be other intelligent life going through the same thing so they haven't bothered with flying around the universe to see other idiots like our selves. If the opposite is true where other intelligent (none human) life exists and they are indeed space fairing. If they follow what the video / Star Trek etc which is Observe and do nothing else until such time as we prove ourselves worthy and enlightened to be addressed that others do exists.

Given we continue to do only two things well which is taking and killing . . .

The odds that another intelligent lifeform would like to engage us is pretty much nil. If they were like the aliens in the movie Predators they may very well enjoy just watching us kill one another and just take bets. Human's already do this and have been doing the same since man existed.

Think, Gladiators . . . .

Think, Olympics . . . .

The sad reality is if we as humans ever come to learn and prove others exist. We already know what will happen to a minority of people. They'll just off themselves like the stupid shits they are already! :lmao: Again, one only needs to recall Y2K and what a small percentage of stupid and ignorant fools did themselves, family, and friends. :facepalm:

Just imagine that's only finding out that someone else is out there . . . Imagine if they came here like in the movies and landed in central square on New Years Eve???

It's safe to say millions of people would kill themselves which in my mind is a good thing because clearly they are too stupid to live. :thumb:

Human's don't have the ability to ignore their primal instinct of taking and killing. History has proven this since man began recording the same in history books, tablets, scrolls, etc. If I was an alien and saw Humans coming our way my first reaction would be to kill them all given what they know, observed, and proven by history.

Man brings nothing but disease, despair, and destruction everywhere they go.

As of this writing Humans are littering the earths orbit with space garbage. Every major space fairing nation has literally blown out a satellite to prove to one another they can and to take notice. Yet they have no fucking clue the damage all of that debris will do to all of the technology we rely on from the orbiting satillites!

Now, we intend to litter the Moon and rape the same for minerals and compounds so we can enrich ourselves or in the guise of making fuel to go where???

Yes, litter another planet called Mars . . .

There are no less than five pieces of garbage on the red planet known as Mars. Elon Musk and every other space fairing nation believes the next great step for man is to occupy and settle Mars???

Why???

There's nothing there, no oxygen, no method to grow anything, the environment just wants to kill you from solar radiation and blow you away from the endless hurricane like winds on the surface. Yet, Humans believe this is the next step to our advancement???

The next step to our advancement is sitting down and helping one another. Stop killing one another over religion, resources, land, etc.

If aliens truly exist the best they could do is come down and beam their thoughts into each person on the planet. And say smarten the fuck up, cherish the planet, the people, and life. If not wipe us out like the plague we are on the universe because we are truly too stupid to live . . .