WiFi IP Camera Slow playback issue

Caracal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an issue with my new Hikvision HiWatch series IP camera ( HWI-B120H-D/W(D) ). The playback of the recordings is very slow/choppy/shuttered - I don't know exacly how to explain.
Thing is that live preview works great.
I have it set to motion detect recording only.
Connection is made with WiFi, signal is good, no loss of packages:

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.184:
Packets: Sent = 2397, Received = 2396, Lost = 1 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 70ms, Average = 3ms
Video settings right now (I tried different settings, even H.264 without + -> same result)

1628533613235.png

I don't know what to do. This IP camera is a replacement for the old one DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1(D) on which hik-connect is blocked when connected only to WiFi. Before that, I had DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1 (without D, so hik-connect was working on WiFi), but got replaced on RMA with the newer D model. Anyway, that old one had no problem. Not a single issue on playback recordings.

I don't get what's wrong with this one. Or what should I do to make it work like it should work.

Thanks in advance for any recommendation.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried making an config changes, such as lowering frame rate to 15 fps and i-Frame Interval also to 15, just to see if the recorded playback improves?
Since no NVR is mentioned, is this recorded "playback" being viewed from an SD card in the camera and over Wi-Fi?

Caracal

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for not giving this info. There's no NVR here, just the IP camera connected to WiFi and recording on a HDD attached to a router in the LAN.
This setup worked perfect with the previous camera. 25 FPS, highest options available, H.265+
I have also tried with 15 FPS, but H.265+ and got the same slow playback...

Caracal

n3wb
Reaction score
I just talked with someone from hikvision online support chat and he said that he's not aware of any custom firmware that enables hik-connect over wifi :)) I don't know how's that possible and what FW the shop gave me that enabled this feature.
Now I'm confused, but more sure this is a firmware issue...