WiFi Router can't see NVR

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I trust that you are well.

We recently moved house and my brother-in-law bought our old house, installed his own WiFi router connected to the ONT and setup his own contract with the same ISP. I have been trying to get the Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-K2/16P) setup so that he can access the cameras when not at home but am struggling a lot more than I think I should be. I originally had the NVR setup on our WiFi router using a fixed IP address which I have updated so it matches my BIL's WiFi router gateway but I cannot access the NVR via IP address on my computer when connected to the same network. Strangely though, SADP picks up the NVR and gives me all the details of it and I cannot find the NVR uses a tool like Net Analyzer, any thoughts?

Thanks
Nic

Last edited:

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
One step closer, I managed to get the NVR to be seen by the WiFi router, I simply inputted an IP address incorrectly and once corrected I can see the NVR in Net Analyzer and access it via IP address. Next issue, I have setup dynamic DNS on the WiFi router and forwarded port 8000 but still can't connect using iVMS-4500 with either an Error Code:12 or a time out. Any ideas?

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to get it sorted, in trying to get the WiFi router to see the NVR I fiddled with the IP address and forgot to change it in the port forwarding setup of the WiFi router, once corrected everything works as it should. My BIL did have to use Hik-Connect though as iVMS-4500 which I use is no longer available.