Windows 10 Update to Version 2004

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am starting to get the messages that Windows wants to update to Version 2004.

I will hold off as long as possible, but figure at some point it may update anyway.

Anybody have any issues with this version and Blue Iris?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
No issue for me. I'm running it.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it's been ok

watch out if you use Intel PROset drivers for doing VLANs or something, update those first.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Windows 10 still looks like it was created without proper teamwork. Everything still looks out of place. The Metro UI in the start menu has to go. Control Panel has to be renamed to settings. Windows Explorer needs to support tabs.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows 10 still looks like it was created without proper teamwork. Everything still looks out of place. The Metro UI in the start menu has to go. Control Panel has to be renamed to settings. Windows Explorer needs to support tabs.
Control Panel and all the Windows Vista-era control panel items are very slowly being assimilated.

The Windows NT-style stuff though, lingers and persists forever.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yah, slowly assimilated like the Borg from Star Trek, :rofl:

Control Panel and all the Windows Vista-era control panel items are very slowly being assimilated.

The Windows NT-style stuff though, lingers and persists forever.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having issues with it that I'm learning are specific to 2004 (19033+).
I'm having fits trying to get my new setup 'automated' and it's been a fail so far, at the basic level: getting BI to autorun on startup AND automatic login to WIN.
That handy little checkbox to de-select to not require login? Yeah, that's gone apparently. I've been Googlin' like mad and it looks like the "fix" is to hack the registry.
Some say that if you will turn OFF the 'Hello login options slider' that the missing checkbox will return... Yeah, well the slider for THAT is also gone.
I'm logged in with a PW as the only user, yes, an admin account, local. I am NOT creating a Microsoft acct. I've delved into the registry on PCs before, but I don't like it.
Also, the WiKi and Cliffs and Start up notes (AFAICT) are several years out of date with the related links to Win 7.
If anyone would like to clear my fog on this, please have at it.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just set BI to run as a service and when prompted enter the credentials of the user that you used when you installed BI. That will sort your getting BI to auto start.

Auto logon, not too sure as I never do this.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just set BI to run as a service and when prompted enter the credentials of the user that you used when you installed BI. That will sort your getting BI to auto start.

Auto logon, not too sure as I never do this.
curious if you have your machine set to auto boot after power fail?

Also, I have set it to run as a service and I don't get a prompt. Not sure why not.

Reaction score

Also, I have set it to run as a service and I don't get a prompt. Not sure why not.
I had a lot of grief with this update, specilfically 'Running as Service'. Lots of error messages about incorrect passwords; usual M$ gibberish.

I had to do a restore OS in place to get it sorted. Very time consuming and a right PITA! YKMV!
Rick

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score

Yes my PC is set in the BIOS to auto boot on power.

For the service, try disabling it first in BI, then closing the GUI, then restarting the GUI and then re-enabling the service to see if it then prompts you for the user credentials.

Another check you could do is launch services, find the BI service and check to see if it’s using the SYSTEM account or not.