Windows iVMS-4200 Client No Live View

Augusto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm really new to CCTV in general, so I apologize in advance for how dumb this question might seem. I just haven't been able to find an answer on the web :(

I installed the Windows iVMS-4200 Client in Windows 10 Ent x64. I succesfully added the DVR to the devices list and I see the cameras in the Live View, but when I add them, I only see Black boxes, nothing more. I already dragged the camera to each field on the right, but still nothing. I try viewing the cameras from Firefox, and Chome and same behavior.

I can see all my cameras from any iOS & Andriod Device just fine.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Reaction score
Check error logs, you might have a crash going on that you're not experiencing in the front end. The IVMS software doesn't install on a full updated windows 2008 server without specific crash patching.

Assumed you've rebooted and your firewall is off for testing when I commented above.

Towawi

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can see the cameras listed in "Main View" then double clicking any of them should start a live feed. If nothing happens when you double click on them, right click on them and check the camera status. If theres no problems in the camera status window, right click a camera again and choose remote configuration. Once the remote config window pops up, you should be able to click on the "Event" section on the left hand side and you should see a small window with a live feed in it. If you dont see this then I have no idea what the problem is im sorry.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you added the Camera also in a group?
Could you see the live view inside the remote control section of you NVR where you can edit for e.g. the OnScreen Name/Size or the Brightness?

RonyMan444

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Don't see the live view in the "main view" screen. Only black boxes.
But everthing else is working. It's almost like this software cannot stream the live view in the "main view" boxes.
When opening the camera via "Camera status", i see the live view. But not in the "Main view" boxes.

I'm using version 2.4.1.3. On a windows 10 PC. (i've installed also the latest version, but that was the same problem)
That's why i'm using the "older" version. Somebody told me that the latest version is not working with older device drivers. (or something like that)

So nobody has an idea what the solution is? (i would like to try an even older version, but can't find one)