Windows software for viewing Playback (with SMD support) from HDD on Dahua DH-XVR5104HS-I2?

Reaction score
Disclaimer, taken over a relative's house where a Dahua XVR system is installed with surveillance cameras are installed (not IP cameras, so no IP adresses except for what the XVR has), and I have limited experience with Dahua, and surveillance systems in general, but have learned the XVR Web Interface/Control Panel, DMSS and regrettably, SmartPSS Lite.
Willing to learn.

New here, and have tested both DMSS (Android) and SmartPSS Lite (Windows) and am looking for a better software for Windows than SmartPSS (yeah it's... very... basic and hard to use).
The XVR device I have is the "hub" for a handful of non-network connected cameras that records each motion detection, and stores it's videos on an internal harddrive on-site. DMSS has this useful feature that can filter out Humans and Vehicles from the rest of the recordings in Playback "mode".
However, neither softwares can export all videos with SMD detections from multiple days (for example, all SMD recordings the last 30/180 days.)

I'm looking for software that can access the playback vault inside the XVR harddrive, and send video files (or access the files themselves via FTP or something?) to my PC, but whole 24 hour summary video files of Human and/or Vehicle detections (SMD) for each day, and each camera respectively.
I am unfamiliar with Dahua/ONVIF/Blue Iris and other features, and would love to hear what options exist out there.

Does something like "ONVIF clients for Windows (Open Source/Paid software etc)" or something else offer everything I'm looking for?
Aka, anything better than "Smart"PSS Lite