Winters over. Got your lawn mowers ready to go yet?

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My mower doesn't come out until after memorial day, and it gets parked Labor Day weekend. Yard only gets mowed about every other week. Granted, I don't have grass, my yard is pretty much weeds, I live on very very light sand so grass won't grow unless you irrigate.

My neighbor on the other hand mow's his yard daily, after mowing he washes it, and every Saturday he waxes his mower. He has been known to call our township to complain about my lack of mowing my yard :)

I'm considering fencing my yard in and grazing our livestock in it.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
My mower doesn't come out until after memorial day, and it gets parked Labor Day weekend. Yard only gets mowed about every other week. Granted, I don't have grass, my yard is pretty much weeds, I live on very very light sand so grass won't grow unless you irrigate.

My neighbor on the other hand mow's his yard daily, after mowing he washes it, and every Saturday he waxes his mower. He has been known to call our township to complain about my lack of mowing my yard :)

I'm considering fencing my yard in and grazing our livestock in it.
Wait....what?? He "waxes" his lawn mower?? WTF? My commercial ZTR gets blown off after every mow and then pressure washed at the beginning of the mowing season and the end of it. But waxing?? no.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wait....what?? He "waxes" his lawn mower?? WTF? My commercial ZTR gets blown off after every mow and then pressure washed at the beginning of the mowing season and the end of it. But waxing?? no.

Yup, I kid you not. Every Saturday he is in his driveway waxing his mower.

He is "that guy" who bought a 2.5 acre lot in the country because "that's the cool" thing to do.

Then he calls our township to complain about me because I dont mow my yard enough, and one of his complaints was because we have livestock.
I was told he got laughed off the phone.

As someone who knows the guy told me. "1:. He's mentally instable. 2:. He has no business in he country. He needs to live in a condo association that has 4000 page book of rules.. And even then he wont be happy because someone in that association will have a piece of trim painted one shade to light or dark on their house.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, I kid you not. Every Saturday he is in his driveway waxing his mower.

He is "that guy" who bought a 2.5 acre lot in the country because "that's the cool" thing to do.

Then he calls our township to complain about me because I dont mow my yard enough, and one of his complaints was because we have livestock.
I was told he got laughed off the phone.

As someone who knows the guy told me. "1:. He's mentally instable. 2:. He has no business in he country. He needs to live in a condo association that has 4000 page book of rules.. And even then he wont be happy because someone in that association will have a piece of trim painted one shade to light or dark on their house.
Sounds like his life ambition was to be a Nancy in the HOA. I bought my farm far enough away from the Nancys that I don't have to worry about it. Plus I got signs like this posted alongside of the farmlane near my home that keeps them away, Funny, they can't read the other 3 "No Trespassing" signs they drove past earlier, but this one seems to get their attention......

DSC_0621.JPG

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like his life ambition was to be a Nancy in the HOA. I bought my farm far enough away from the Nancys that I don't have to worry about it. Plus I got signs like this posted alongside of the farmlane near my home that keeps them away, Funny, they can't read the other 3 "No Trespassing" signs they drove past earlier, but this one seems to get their attention......

View attachment 149481
Because they need to pull out their phone to look up the meaning of Naturist. :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Like my brother and sister in law, they bought two acres in the country, then bitched because one of the neighbors a half a mile away had the audacity to use his 4 acres as a family gun range every sunday afternoon.
My BIL was a retired Air Force colonel, he continued to have a severe case of colonel attitude after retirement, and I told him one day after they for the hundredth time bitched about the gun noise, "So, you moved to the country, what did you expect, you would be ok with shutting down the man's right to use his property as he see's fit that you defended for 30+ yrs?"
It got his goat. ;)

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I love the city folks that buy a lot out in a rural area because it's so piecefull and so much nature,
then they bulldoze all of the trees down so they can build a house, and plant a single
5' high tree in the middle of the front yard.
:smash::banghead:

Last edited: