Wired only access with DS-7616NI-E2/16P

ebelew

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the NVR going on the wired local LAN. I can type in the IP address in Safari and IE and web interface let's me log in and see everything.

On an iMac when it wired to the LAN everything works. When I unplug the network cable and use wireless it can't connect to the NVR, although all network and Internet connections work. iVMS4200 on the iMac works when using the wired connection.

Laptop (wireless) with Chrome won't conntect.
iPhone with iVMS4500 won't connect
Android phone with iVMS4500 won't connect
Email test works on the NVR and sends email.

Network test from NVR to router and wireless AP passes.
Ping from inside wireless AP to NVR passes

Any ideas where to start looking?

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got the NVR going on the wired local LAN. I can type in the IP address in Safari and IE and web interface let's me log in and see everything.

On an iMac when it wired to the LAN everything works. When I unplug the network cable and use wireless it can't connect to the NVR, although all network and Internet connections work. iVMS4200 on the iMac works when using the wired connection.

Laptop (wireless) with Chrome won't conntect.
iPhone with iVMS4500 won't connect
Android phone with iVMS4500 won't connect
Email test works on the NVR and sends email.

Network test from NVR to router and wireless AP passes.
Ping from inside wireless AP to NVR passes

Any ideas where to start looking?
you might have client isolation turned on on your wifi router. This is typically used on guest networks. If your router is serving up multiple ssid's be careful which one you're connected to.

ebelew

n3wb
Reaction score
you might have client isolation turned on on your wifi router. This is typically used on guest networks. If your router is serving up multiple ssid's be careful which one you're connected to.
Great it wasn't exactly that but close enough. My AP is not part of the router. I am running a single SSID but it had what is called a "Wireless Security Filter" section within the SSID configuration and a box was check that "Restrict wireless traffic to:" the AP itself. Once logged into the AP and I unchecked that, it all worked.

Thanks for heads up.

Last edited: