Wireless camera's for horse barn

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry but is asking "who is Andy" a dumb question?
"Andy" is a trusted vendor that comes highly recommended by many forum members here. Below is contact info from his username signature:

Andy of Empire Technology
IPCamTalk Username: empiretecandy ( @EMPIRETECANDY )
E-mail: kingsecurity2014@163.com
Store address: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gotcha, well that was a dead end. Any brands that are comparable in price that have 16 channels, come with eight cameras and is a dvr system?
You have been given some good examples at the beginning of this thread.
This isn't going to be a simple afternoon install.
Stick with Hikvision or Dahua equipment.
Do not purchase the equipment from amazon or flea bay, as the chances of them being hacked Chinese region cams is high from those sources.
Use Ethernet cable where possible.
Where you can't, use the Ubiquity equipment mentioned above.

You want it to be reliable for her correct? Does no good to spend all that time and money if it isn't reliable or she gets frustrated with it.

Buy once, cry once.
Do it in stages if you must, purchase an NVR, and a couple of cams and get those setup and going. Then expand as time and funds permit.
The NVR a lot of folks here are using and happy with is the Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 NVR5208/5216/5232-4KS2 | Dahua Technology
Then look at the Starlight Dahua cameras on that same site.
Here is two examples: Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE

All of this can be purchased through Andy mentioned above.

normohl

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, I'm now looking into lorex by flir. As I understand by searching they are just re-branded Dahua NVR systems. They have a 8 camera (2k) system with a 16 channel NVR (with a 3tb hdd).They do not sell them on amazon which I was told to stay away from. I was looking at Dahua and they seem to be a trusted brand here. They are selling the 16 channel NVR and 16 2k camera's for $1190 on Flirs websitehere. If I want an all inclusive system like this it really seems to be my best bet without cobbling something together for her.... Any thoughts?