Wireless digital thermometer with remote monitoring

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ooops too late. Was going to recommend a NinjaBlock. They are no longer officially supported but do that and infinitely more. They should be going for a song these days. Have have a dozen sitting in a storeroom a continent away.

If you are a gadet man these things would keep you occupied for years with all the super low cost sensors available now. Would look for a second hand one as they are probably going for less than the component cost (main component being a beagle bone and zigbee)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions SquareEyes. I already have Vera2 and a VeraLite z-wave controllers. I can remotely control all my lights, door locks, garage (roll-up) doors, sprinklers, alarm console, gate opener, heaters, etc. Also all my lights are controlled with motion sensors.

I thought it would be great to also be able to monitor inside and outside temperatures while away from home. That's why I decided to order the AcuRite kit. Looks like it will get the job done. Yep, I'm a gadget freak. :peaceful:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Received the weather station kit and it was easy to set up. Placed one of the sensors in my freezer, one inside the house and one outside. Works great! Was able to access the temperatures at all three areas with my phone and tablet while at various locations. Will post some pics later. Ok, has nothing to do with IP cameras but might figure out a way to integrate them. :)