Wireless PIR sensor to alarm input IP Camera?

alltaken

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to add a wireless PIR receiver to my IP Camera.

The camera would be triggered by one of the PIR sensors. The sensors notify the wireless PIR unit, which I would like to wire to the alarm input of the camera.

The wireless PIR I have in mind displays LED alert, sound alert, or both on the receiver. I'm going to take the signal to the LED and feed it to the alarm input on the camera, possible? Would I need to put a relay between the led and the alarm input tail of the camera to avoid voltage going to the input? I would really appreciate someones advice, does anyone have a better setup idea?

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just picked up a 120vac PIR for a diy garage light. I'm planning on using it for additional IR for the cams eventually. For the one I have, you'll need a relay to get to low voltage or dry contacts. I'm planning on doing that soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just picked up a 120vac PIR for a diy garage light. I'm planning on using it for additional IR for the cams eventually. For the one I have, you'll need a relay to get to low voltage or dry contacts. I'm planning on doing that soon, I'll let you know how it goes.
I built a similar gizmo using a 120vac PIR and a relay. Rather than going directly to the alarm inputs on a camera, I connected the relay to a Zwave door sensor to give my home automation system the ability to respond to movement in the approach to our house.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46295&p=272533#p272533