Without using cloud services, what's the best way to trigger playing custom audio on-event? (e.g. "Front Door Cam Triggered.wav")

Marko1776

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I'm going to automate my camera network to play specific audio files through a speaker (or speakers), so that when for example a person is detected on the fire escape ladder (using a HikVision cam alerting on the AI person-detection in that zone), we immediately hear an alert (that we recorded ourselves) over the speaker to that effect without having to be paying attention to a screen or looking at a phone. Our camera network can route over the local network, but has NO CLOUD, CELLULAR, OR INTERNET ACCESS (this means we can't rely on crutches like Hik-Connect push events).

Has anybody tried automating this before? I'd be grateful for any recommendations or advice based on your experience. I'm not seeing anything in the Web-UI or IVMS documentation on how to trigger custom audio events like this, so my initial thinking is to have the NVRs send email notifications to a computer on the local network, and then I'll write a little script on that computer to handle playing the audio files over the speaker system using those emails as the trigger events. But I can't imagine I'm the first one to need this functionality, so I'm hoping you can share your own lessons learned.

Thank you!

Reaction score

Marko1776

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Does it integrate properly with the HikVision AI features (specifically line-crossing, the person/vehicle auto-detection, face events for people on the bad list)? License cost isn't the problem, just understanding how the processing chain (and delay) works from HikVision Cam -> HikVision NVR -> BlueIris. I'm hoping to get these alerts pretty close to realtime ( ideally ~5 seconds, 10 max )

Marko1776

n3wb
Reaction score

This was the best answer. Thanks again.