Would you put a camera here? (diagram included)

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am working my way from front to back installing cameras. The three locations left are in the back of the house, colored red, orange, and green. The orange camera under the patio cover will see a door, slider, and window. The green on the right side of the patio cover will catch a living room window next to the fire place and overlap coverage with the orange "gate" camera. The gate camera is currently 6mm and can't see over the gate without losing view of the window below so I'll replace that with a 3.6mm and move the 6mm back to the green position.

The one I'm not sure of is the red camera in the back yard. There are no windows or doors on the back side of the house so anyone coming over one of the walls would have to enter the view of another camera before reaching an entry point. Do you generally aim for 360 degree coverage or just potential entry points.

Attachments

Bazzle

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive just gone for main entry points, also shows cars, and one looking down my back yard.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Choke points, such as the gate, and entry ways are first priority. Then add as you feel the need.
Of course a good monitored alarm system is first above all.