Wyze cam version 3

cparktd

n3wb
Reaction score
... but makes their outdoor camera obsolete...
Not really, the outdoor camera is battery powered, no power cord required. Battery on mine last about a month between charges.

Problem with it is, you can not continuously record... would kill the battery.

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to be clear the new V3 has a internal battery? But can also be powered continuously via USB Micro / C?

Reaction score
Just to be clear the new V3 has a internal battery? But can also be powered continuously via USB Micro / C?
The Wyze Cam v3 and the Wyze Cam Outdoor are two different products. The v3 has no internal battery, but it can record continuously. The Outdoor has a battery, but like all other battery cameras can only record motion clips.

I consider the Wyze Cam Outdoor to be a complete miss by Wyze. It simply isn't that compelling compared to other battery cameras. The Wyze Cam v3, on the other hand, is worth the money (at least to me).

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The Wyze Cam v3 and the Wyze Cam Outdoor are two different products. The v3 has no internal battery, but it can record continuously. The Outdoor has a battery, but like all other battery cameras can only record motion clips.

I consider the Wyze Cam Outdoor to be a complete miss by Wyze. It simply isn't that compelling compared to other battery cameras. The Wyze Cam v3, on the other hand, is worth the money (at least to me).
Gotcha, it's not a problem adding on a pass through USB power supply which is connected to a 120 VAC line. Just wanted to be clear on whether or not the V3 came with an internal battery. We have some kind of bird that seems to come back to lay eggs in the eve trough every year. I've wanted to install a camera up there but couldn't justify installing a $250 - 450.XX camera just to watch eggs hatch! :wtf:

Now, under $50.XX (Canadian) for the same - no problem! :thumb:

Appreciate all the quick feedback on the above . . .