Xprotect Essentials 2018 R1 Stability issues

panthergm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

has anybody else tried installing Milestone Xprotect Essentials+ 2018 R1. I have tried and am finding it extremely unstable. any suggestions as to why or what I might be able to try to stabalize it. Also, is it possible to still get a license for 2017 R3?

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

has anybody else tried installing Milestone Xprotect Essentials+ 2018 R1. I have tried and am finding it extremely unstable. any suggestions as to why or what I might be able to try to stabalize it. Also, is it possible to still get a license for 2017 R3?
I have the Xprotect Essentials+ 2018 R1 smart client running on my workstation and it seems very solid. It also reduced the CPU usage of my workstation by 60% (it offloaded that 60% onto a GTX1080ti where it's using between 12 to 14% of the GTX).

I am connecting to a server that is still on Essentials+ 2017 R3. I'm hoping to upgrade it to 2018 in the next week.

What symptoms are you having on the server? (crashing out to desktop and stopping, locking up completely?, or laughing randomly like Alexa has been recently?)

Last edited:

panthergm

n3wb
Reaction score
The Recording Server in particular will just "Stop" at first you can restart it a few times, or a reboot fixes it. but then it will stop again and not restart.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Recording Server in particular will just "Stop" at first you can restart it a few times, or a reboot fixes it. but then it will stop again and not restart.

Make sure you have a clean PC install and dedicate it to cctv purposes. I have used Milestone extensively and found the recording server service rock solid.

Also check your AV. Perhaps disable or exclude relevant folders from anti virus. Milestone has recommendations on this.

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just in case updated from 2017 r2 to 2018 and there is a known issue with the mobile server always saying the port is in use.

the fix was to roll back that portion to 2017r3 mibile server.

just a heads up, no issues with 2018 besides that.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk