XX Camera XXK 41E or Foscam FI9816P or Insteon Indoor Cameras or INSERT NAME CLONE

poldim

n3wb
Reaction score
This thing looks like the Foscam FI9816P or Insteon Indoor Cameras. Unfortunately, it's firmware is trash and is pretty much unusable. The firmware upgrade page does not work. Is there any way to upgrade it?

Hardware Version: XXK41E-V1.0
Firmware Version: 10.8.79.83 build 2015.08.12 18:56
For the plugin, the page links to http://tbiz.i-lnk.com/WebCamera.exe which is dead.

Here are some pictures of the guts. The board is labeled HI3518E. Is there a way to FTDI to it...maybe the DEBUG pins?

Last edited by a moderator:

aakveri

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: XX Camera XXK 41E or Foscam FI9816P or Insteon Indoor Cameras or INSERT NAME CLON

I have same problem with you. Does anyone have an updated firmware to show these following pictures?
XXCAM-1.jpgXXCAM-2.jpgXXCAM-3.jpg

ferrcol

n3wb
Reaction score
This thing looks like the Foscam FI9816P or Insteon Indoor Cameras. Unfortunately, it's firmware is trash and is pretty much unusable. The firmware upgrade page does not work. Is there any way to upgrade it?

Hardware Version: XXK41E-V1.0
Firmware Version: 10.8.79.83 build 2015.08.12 18:56
For the plugin, the page links to http://tbiz.i-lnk.com/WebCamera.exe which is dead.

Here are some pictures of the guts. The board is labeled HI3518E. Is there a way to FTDI to it...maybe the DEBUG pins?

Have you been fix it? I've the same problem now.

Reaction score
Hello @ferrcol , @aakvery, @poldim.

I few days ago I purchased the same IP WebCam (XXCamera), could you find the ActiveX for IE?
Or maybe the file WebCamera.exe.

I have the windows application, but it is really a crap.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, about FTDI, on the motherboard I see "DUBUG" with 4 empty holes, must be on RX and TX there, but which one is which one ? you could check for ground and +V quite easy so the two left must be RX/TX then test on reboot to see if you see anything coming thru your serial port, chipset is HI3818E so you can easy find documentation about pinout and check which of the 4 holes are what, but for what I see, the left hole seems to be GND, the right hole connected may be connected to nothing so the two holes in the middle should be RX/TX, just try then both orders (attention, use 3.3V FTDI first not 5V).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, do you have the original applications for XXCamera?
I need the activeX for using the webclient application.

About the firmware: does it really work on XXCameras?

Note: my firmware is XXK41E-V1.0

gATONO

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same camera, I use w10. Has anyone managed to solve it?