Year 1 grey kit receives a snarl back..

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This grey kit is smaller, naturally, than the red but loves to give it the gears. The gentle hearted red finally had enough and snarled, and lunged at the kit. About time the red vixen pushed back .. interesting to see what happens moving forward, because that's definitely going to mess with the kits head a bit. This is the red which may have left her den up the road due to a few too many bobcats, and a 2-3 yr old cougar. Can't say I blame her.

You can see the adults drift back down, after the skirmish, visible on edge..hackles up. Both their mates have gone missing, so they are both solo with the mating season not too far away. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

View attachment Hoppy snarls back at F2 male kit. Good to see her retaking power.mov

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I no longer use night day settings, and am now running a 'General' setting across the board. I also moved on from CBR, in favour of VBR set to 20480, 30 FPS, I Frame Interval of 120 etc etc. For some reason my Synology NAS seems a whole lot happier, and videos, though a work in progress, aren't too bad like this.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I no longer use night day settings, and am now running a 'General' setting across the board. I also moved on from CBR, in favour of VBR set to 20480, 30 FPS, I Frame Interval of 120 etc etc. For some reason my Synology NAS seems a whole lot happier, and videos, though a work in progress, aren't too bad like this.
Good info. I have been going back and forth on the thought of leaving my overview cameras on close to default settings as I get better color and more visibiilty in the FOV without the need to add light. I know I won't be able to get fine details this way, but that is not their purpose. I would rather be able to see "that red truck hit that white parked car at 10PM" on the overviews and leave my specialized cams for the finer details.