YouTube Streaming problems

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you're not aware of it, here's another alternative for camera streaming with no 3rd party encoder software.
Make sure to also read faqs and pricing pages there.
It was used on a project I participated in. It worked quite well and seemed stable, but has a cost. If you have any interest, I could provide a few more observations.

kontech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As of this AM the stream is broken again. Youtube studio show Excellent connection yet there's no video, only a spinner - Connect streaming to go live...
No settings have changed on camera and on youtube side including the stream key appears.

Attachments

kontech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Streaming to Youtube 24/7 doesn't seem to work unless you're willing to monitor it and maintain it regularly.
The problem with streaming directly to YouTube is this: If the stream disconnects, or the bitrate goes unstable, or there are dropped frames or it gets briefly disconnected, the system thinks it's a new stream and create a new Event on YouTube and start streaming to that one. It has to do with the fundamental changes that YouTube made when switching from "Stream Now" to "Events."
That said, we’re going have to other services like for streaming. ipcamlive seems to be working reliably. If anyone knows of better alternatives I'm open to suggestions.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Streaming to Youtube 24/7 doesn't seem to work unless you're willing to monitor it and maintain it regularly.
The problem with streaming directly to YouTube is this: If the stream disconnects, or the bitrate goes unstable, or there are dropped frames or it gets briefly disconnected, the system thinks it's a new stream and create a new Event on YouTube and start streaming to that one. It has to do with the fundamental changes that YouTube made when switching from "Stream Now" to "Events."
That said, we’re going have to other services like for streaming. ipcamlive seems to be working reliably. If anyone knows of better alternatives I'm open to suggestions.
Hi
sorry it didn't work out for you.. i must be one of the lucky one's i haven't add any of the problems you mentioned. just the luck of the draw i guess. Ipcamlive will work ok for you . i'm glad you found another solution. goodluck with the Bee's if it's anything like the in uk they need all the help they can get, ps my favorite type of Bee's are boo,

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have quite a few YouTube livestreams running 24/7 and always turn on the "Enable Auto-start" switch. See below. If the stream is interrupted, it will automatically restart without the stream key changing.

Last edited:

arni7

n3wb
Reaction score
snie.JPG
Witam, powiedz mi jak to włączyć bo nie mam takiej opcji

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Naciśnij przycisk „Zaplanuj” i zaplanuj nową transmisję na żywo. Dostępna będzie opcja automatycznego restartu.

TakBunc

n3wb
Reaction score
Good tip, bro. Auto-start always helps in such situations, especially if you have problems with your software. Honestly, youtube has become worse than it was even 2-3 years ago. It's become almost impossible to download large size videos from there. At least, I face downloading errors all the time, and it really sucks! I tried different software, but it was hard to find an appropriate tool. Lucky for me, one of my buddies told me about coconvert.com where you can easily download videos from youtube. Oh, I'm so happy to find such a platform where you shouldn't wait a couple of hours to download a 100mb vid.

Last edited: