YouTube vs Rumble

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
A video hosting "Rumble" was mentioned in another thread today and I never heard of it so I had to look it up. It's seem to be a video hosting similar to YouTube.

Have anyone here been using Rumble regularly over YouTube and what the pro and con about Rumble vs YouTube?

Thanks for sharing

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not really into uploading video but circumstances required it. I used Rumble today, for the first time, and it was very easy and very fast. Opening the account was very simple with only basic information being require and they don't ask to link to everything including your toilet habits like ScrewTube and others.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I notice Rumble still play ads before video start just like YouTube but Rumble seems to make you watch the whole ad instead of skipping it after 5 second of ads done in YouTube are playing. That seems to be a con for Rumble then ..

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
They're just getting started so they probably need the revenue. Give it some time to develop, or maybe flop. Who knows, but in the mean time it's a viable, basically non-censored, alternative.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I plan to begin patronizing Rumble soon and hope they do well. It would please me no end to see Google / YouTube falter in 2021 due to their announced plans to begin deleting various in-place videos with any political slant or if not P.C. compliant......wokeness and CCC (Cancel Culture Cancer) is spreading faster than COVID-19.

Below is an excerpt from the YouTube Blog, entitled "Supporting the 2020 U.S. election" :

".....We also disallow content alleging widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of a historical U.S. Presidential election. However in some cases, that has meant allowing controversial views on the outcome or process of counting votes of a current election as election officials have worked to finalize counts.​
Yesterday was the safe harbor deadline for the U.S. Presidential election and enough states have certified their election results to determine a President-elect. Given that, we will start removing any piece of content uploaded today (or anytime after) that misleads people by alleging that widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of the 2020 U.S. Presidential election, in line with our approach towards historical U.S. Presidential elections. For example, we will remove videos claiming that a Presidential candidate won the election due to widespread software glitches or counting errors. We will begin enforcing this policy today, and will ramp up in the weeks to come. "​

Ya think it's because their candidate is the pres elect? Surely not....:poop: :poop: :angry: