Z12E losing focus

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I’ve got a Z12E camera that I’m having an issue with. Scenario: I’m zoomed all the way in crystal clear picture in the cameras gui and on the BI screen. I either double click the screen in bi or click maximize and the camera immediately loses focus. I have profiles set up for day/night. If I only click on the day or night preset without maximizing the camera, the camera stays in focus. I only lose focus with in full screen on BI. Any thoughts on what may cause this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the camera itself actually losing focus or have you zoomed in BI and thus digital zoom and pixelation?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think when I double clicked the camera, I may have been adjusting the focus. But, I swear I had the same thing happening clicking maximize. I switched from the generic find/inspect to Dahua and changed my onvif back to port 80. I seem to be able to maximize the screen any way and not lose focus now. I’ll see what happens.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The other thing to do in BI is to turn off the PTZ controls for varifocal cameras.

It is too easy to accidentally wheel scroll and change the setting, which for LPR can be a disaster.

Any changes to focus or zoom of a varifocal should really be done from within the camera GUI and not within BI.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I’m using Dahua New V5 to set a day/night schedule. Do I disable “PTZ and other controls?” Or can I disable it somewhere else?