Zavio camera in Dahua NVR = auto exposure problems

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a client who has Zavio B5110 and B5210 cameras. There was NAS storage for them but it was difficult to use and sometimes offline, so I decided to put
a Dahua NVR4104-P there. I knew it would work as I have myself B5110 connected to my NVR4116 and in past I had one B5210 also.

And basically it works fine. I can see live video from both cameras and even motion detection in B5210 works.

But something happens when B5210 is connected to NVR. It seems to lose its ability to adjust the shutter automatically. This shows especially in the evening,
when it gets dark, camera does not slower the shutter and that results black picture. Probably camera turns IR on but if shutter stays 1/1000 on dark the picture is black.
Same thing in the morning. If camera has been rebooted in the dark and shutter is - to say maybe 1/25 or 1/50, the picture gets white when sun rises. When camera is in
this state the shutter does not change automatically according to limits that has been set. However, it changes when I change the limit. Automatic behaviour returns
after reboot and I assume it adjusts the shutter for some time and and certain point it does not work anymore.

When camera was not connected to NVR there was not this problem. I have tested also registering camera in Dahua NVR different ways, with ONVIF and RTSP but
nothing helps.

I remember now also that I had a same problem with my own B5210 when connected to NVR, but it happened more randomly, not necessarily every day.
So this seems to be somekind of compatibility problem with Dahua NVRs and B5210 model at least.

I have gone thru almost all settings that affect on picture but nothing helps. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi

Same issue with zavio f3215 and dahua NVR.
I tried UDP flow and enrol camera with different profiles but iris stay stucked.
It seems this occur when camera is delivering a flow and not specifically with dahua nvr.
The only way is to reboot the camera.

Did you find a fix ?

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, did not find a fix. So probably it is the same when watching a h264 stream with VLC player from day to night and vice versa?

I have 4 Zavios recording to a NAS (camera is pushing the video on the disk) and this seems to work ok. So it seems when the stream is "pulled" from camera the iris or shutter gets stuck..

Anyway I am planning to replace all Zavios with Dahua or Hiwatch/Hikvision as soon as they fail, so I have not so intensively tried to find a solution to this anymore.