zone crossing

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I am setting up the zone crossing following the video:
The object that crosses the zone, when I have highlight motion, doesn't turn from "green rectangle" to "red rectangle"

Attached is my zone image.

Attachments

MachAF

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Post screen shots of your settings ( Motion sensor --->configure) (object detection) (use zones and hot spots)

I wouldn't waste your time messing with this until you are bench testing or have mounted the camera in its permanent position.

It looks like you're 2 ft away from the camera so if I had to guess the issue is going to be with object size exceeds % under object detection.

Last edited:

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post screen shots of your settings ( Motion sensor --->configure) (object detection) (use zones and hot spots)
It looks like you're 2 ft away from the camera so if I had to guess the issue is going to be with object size exceeds % under object detection.
The first attached was my "zones and hot spots".
I am close. But when I test it, I get up and walk back and forth in the hallway. That is where the camera is pointed.

Attachments

MachAF

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The first attached was my "zones and hot spots".
I am close. But when I test it, I get up and walk back and forth in the hallway. That is where the camera is pointed.
I would try turning all the settings to max sensitivity then work your way up. Try extending zones A&B all the way to the top of the door as well. Also I would try adding one more 'line'(blank coverage) of spacing between the zones. Make time might need to be lower as well as movement through those zones is going to be quick.

Do you have the BI App for your phone? I'd recommend getting it and using it to watch whats the camera is detecting when you're moving where you want it to trigger.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would try turning all the settings to max sensitivity then work your way up. Try extending zones A&B all the way to the top of the door as well. Also I would try adding one more 'line'(blank coverage) of spacing between the zones. Make time might need to be lower as well as movement through those zones is going to be quick.

Do you have the BI App for your phone? I'd recommend getting it and using it to watch whats the camera is detecting when you're moving where you want it to trigger.
I will try this tomorrow.
Is the BI app free?