Zones not working for one camera

carlvjack

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a four camera Blue Iris setup in my home, one indoor and three outdoor. Two of the cameras above my garage work fine when it comes to zones. I used the zone feature to block certain areas out.

the problem is my front door camera, I blocked the upper right corner, just a tiny spot that shows the road but the camera still triggers alerts and records. I tried clearing the zone and adding it, I also tried blocking half of the camera view, no success still records cars that enter the small corner.

I tried deleting the camera, restarting the camera and it still records motion in that area. Was hoping anybody had something similar with just one camera. I am thinking it is just this particular camera, maybe a setting somewhere on the camera itself. I thought at first it couldn't be the camera and had to be Blue Iris because the zone feature runs on Blue Iris itself.

The camera is a Chinese clone of something or other, ebay description:\

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sometimes it's triggering off of a shadow or reflection from the car that shows up outside the masked area. Can you run the clip through the "test run through the motion detector" setting to see where the trigger point is?

carlvjack

n3wb
Reaction score
Sometimes it's triggering off of a shadow or reflection from the car that shows up outside the masked area. Can you run the clip through the "test run through the motion detector" setting to see where the trigger point is?
Can you tell me where to find this setting so I can run the clip through it?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
While you are playing the clip, right click on it and you will see it in the menu. Play back should be real time (1X) for best results.
Also, after you select it I think you need to reselect the clip for it to work.

Last edited:

carlvjack

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok now I am confused I used the drawing tool and I did the test this is what I saw:

This is what I have set under the zone properties, do I have this backwards and you select the areas you want to record and not for blocking the area you don't want to record?

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, you do. Starting I think with 4.3, you now mark the areas you want detected. So anything in green is the detection area. Areas that are not green are not detected.

Mike

carlvjack

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks, a coworker showed me the setting a while back and was wondering what was up when the wording changed in the menu.