Zoom camera

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 7 cameras all from Andy (see signature). I am looking to add one more at this time and would like to keep the same Starlight lineup I have now. I have one camera on the right side of the garage picture, the first picture is with the lens set out all the way and the 2nd picture is zoomed in roughly 35%.
I would like to leave this camera zoomed out and have a second camera for the left side of the garage that I can zoom in to watch closer to the street, because when I scroll to see who might be at the street the picture is distorted. When I capture some activity I would like to back it up and play it back and zoom it in to see the name of the truck etc.. not losing the image ( if that makes any sense). (See Car pic)

Would prefer to not have a PTZ due to the size as this will go on the left side of the garage.

Thanks,
Drew

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you're talking about zooming in on the captured image or video (not optically zooming with the camera in real time), sounds like you could use a higher res camera that could benefit from that post top light out there (if it doesn't create glare). Maybe check out the LPR forum here with focus (sorry for the pun) on the sticky at the start entitled LPR Walk Through / Tutorial

What say you @bigredfish ?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you TonyR reading now, any recommendations?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're talking about zooming in on the captured image or video (not optically zooming with the camera in real time)
Yes Tony that is exactly what I want to do. Thank you for clarifying.
Would this do the job?
EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E 2MP Starlight WDR IR Bullet Network Camera 5.3mm ~64mm 12x Zoom Lens English Version

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes Tony that is exactly what I want to do. Thank you for clarifying.
Would this do the job?
EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E 2MP Starlight WDR IR Bullet Network Camera 5.3mm ~64mm 12x Zoom Lens English Version
That should do nicely, IMO.
Favorable review here by @Dasstrum .
The only hole in the bucket I know of is it may still have an out-of-focus problem past 80% zoom, but there are work-arounds according to posts in that same thread.