Blurry Images with Reolink

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
So Ive just did my first deployment of blue iris. And its been a learning experience. I am getting blurry images from a few cameras. I wanted to see if you guys could help me with it. The setup is as follows

4GB Ram, 3rd Gen I3 PC, Fresh install of BI, Fresh install of Win10Pro

Reolink 420s (all updated to latest firmware as of 2 days ago)

I have set all 8 cameras to 10fps, 1080p, 5120 bitrate, baseline h.264 and it is around 50% cpu usage.

The cameras spread across 2 locations with a fiber direct connection from comcast @ 25mb. Network load on the Blue iris computer is 30-40%.

The cameras at the location of the blue iris server physically dont do this. But 2 of 4 ones at the remote location always do it and time out with connection error 0 occasionally and the other 2 down there blurry out much less frequently.

I want to note that the reolink software, there is no blurry and everything is pitch perfect. Regardless of which location. Every single time.

Can anyone help me?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
known problem with Reolink and BlueIris; its because the iframe interval is not configurable on your cameras..

search around; if you still have the opportunity to return that junk; take it while you still can.

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
DAMN. What cameras work best with blue iris, 1080p and above? I will use anothr kind going forward. I love the web server of BI for business deployments. My customer is not going to be happy :(

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought i had read that was fixed by "ken". Im on the newest version.

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok do you have a model number that does not have those issues? 1080p or above and poe? Ill just return what I can and switch over.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its all reolinks, look at Dahua if you want better cameras that are affordable and wont ever give you problems..

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
This is bad. I ordered the cameras and had to delay the project a few weeks. I dont even know if we're in the return window. I just found the thread about reolink not updating the firmware. Im semi pissed

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Well if you happen to know a specific 1080p model dahua or any brand that has relatively no issues with BI, please send it my way so I can not have these issues in the future. Thanks so much for your help

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats an easy task, I present to you the best all around camera on the market: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

unfortunately, they were just released.. so if you need em in a hurry; thats not going to happen.. right now only 1 source and they limiting the number you can get at one go.. but tha'll change soon.

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
any reccomendations sub 100$??? Could i use the reolink software on another PC and then stream those to Blue iris? Or buy an NVR of some kind and stream that to BI? Im desparate here.

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I originally started with 4 Roelink RLC410, I have since replaced one of them. Daytime video works great on Blue Iris, night time does not. As everyone has mention on this thread, get better cameras. iFrame setting on their firmware would probably help.

The 3 RLC410 that are currently online are setup as follows:
Computer:
i7 6700
16GB Ram
WIndows 10 Pro x64 (running on 256GB SSD)
2TB Storage
BI:
Direct to disk recording
2560 x 1440
15 fps
hw decoding (Yes+VPP)
Camera:
2560*1440
15 fps
Bitrate 8192
H.264 Profile Base

You mention remote viewing is the somewhat where you're having issues.
How are you viewing the feed? Browser, App, RDC etc?

You can change your Encoder Profile:
upload_2016-11-10_15-10-25.png

Let me know if you have any setting specific question.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
any reccomendations sub 100$??? Could i use the reolink software on another PC and then stream those to Blue iris? Or buy an NVR of some kind and stream that to BI? Im desparate here.
that would be ridiculous...if you have 8 cams or less, you can try milestone essentials and see if the stream works better there. If the reolinks at the physical location dont have this issue then its likely a result of your internet connection...try lowering the bitrate...

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
https://goo.gl/cvQfAW <--- ($108.99)Replaced one of my RLC410, works great, Excellent picture day/night, no audio. If you get the Chinese version of camera, you can easily return it.

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
Not remote viewing per se. The network is one stretched layer 2 network across a paid comcast site to site fiber solution. So if you plug in a device at location B, it will pull dhcp from the server at location A, and the same subnet.

The only cameras having issues are the ones at location B. But they have 0 issues within the reolink software. I believe those are my settings, except my bitrate is lower. I need to check on the intel HD . Can you expand on bitrate and the intel HD + vpp?

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the blurry picture you're referencing is while you're viewing the camera on the BI software?

Can you do a 2000 ping to the problem cameras and see if you have any packet loss?

The encoder settings I was mentioning only applies to streaming out of BI(Browser, App). Would not affect viewing the camera directly from BI GUI.
Here are my encoder settings anyway:
upload_2016-11-10_15-38-19.png
hardware decoding:
upload_2016-11-10_15-39-46.png

Tim Clark

n3wb
Reaction score
Setting one of the cameras down to 720p didnt work. I then set the receive buffer to 20 on all location b cameras and theyre holding fine. (Of course they were fine for a bit when i first set them up)

Let me do a ping test. Yes this is viewing from BI gui

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what your experiencing is called tearing; its the result of missing an iframe.. if its using UDP it could very well be from dropped packets..

but since you cant fix the iframe interval to your framerate you cannot get a quick recover, have to wait until the next iframe and hope it dont get lost too.. Reolink has apparently a very long iframe interval and if that iframe is not there in time ever, it can screw with the feed for a while.

most people run a fairly high iframe interval, but in the end it can be caused by any sort of bottleneck anywhere in line when working with realtime video, they cant slow down and wait for things to recover, it has to drop stuff too keep up when things slow down.