Can you connect EmpireTech Z4E S3 to Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I am trying out an EmpireTech Z43 S3 to an EagleEye Bridge/Account. The EagleEye UI is saying "Unknown Camera - We are not able to communicate with the camera without a username and password". Is this because EagleEye only expects Dahua firmware or is it most likely a camera config issue? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I known that Nx Witness (popular VMS) have problem with Dahua OEM cameras - don't detect them as Dahua.
It can be fixed by downloading & upgrading cam to original Dahua (DH_IPC*.bin) firmware from dahuasecurity.com...

Reaction score
@Heavyopp Yes. Sorry I should have shared that. Yes configured first via computer and ensured ONVIF was enabled and a new user name and password. Update Eagle Eye Bridge with that username and password. Called Eagle Eye support and they are updating the Bridge firmware. The IPC-B54IR-Z4E S3 is not specifically stated as supported on their site. Once the bridge firmware update is completed (eagle eye does this) they will contact me and let me know it is done. I will report back. @steve1225 Thanks. I was looking at that last night. Since this is not a supported camera by eagle eye, I want to be careful not to brick.

Reaction score
@steve1225 Thanks. These are the only Dahua equivalent models listed on Eagle Eye as compatible. I am hoping that ONVIF will allow the Z4E to work but EEN may not allow.
DahuaIPC-HFW5442E-ZE
DahuaIPC-HFW5442E-ZHE
DahuaIPC-HFW5442E-ZE
DahuaIPC-HFW5442E-ZHE

Reaction score
Got an answer on this. They upgraded the Eagle Eye bridge and it doesn't work. I have requested support to allow this camera to be supported. Wondering if they are more likely to support if it is using Dahua native firmware

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can only check that... by doing firmware upgrade to Dahua firmware..

Mx Witness simply autodetects Dahua camera by looking for DH_IPC string returned by ONVIF... OEM's returns only IPC (without DH) ..

Maybe the same is here - Dahua auto detections works for DH_IPC string... OEM's under other brand must be put in database by exact models..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with them with Dahua OEM cameras back in 2016 with 5231-Z12's

Just force the issue and they'll add it. FW wasnt the issue back then. Newer cameras dont make it to their approved list until someone forces the issue. At least back then

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can only check that... by doing firmware upgrade to Dahua firmware..

Mx Witness simply autodetects Dahua camera by looking for DH_IPC string returned by ONVIF... OEM's returns only IPC (without DH) ..

Maybe the same is here - Dahua auto detections works for DH_IPC string... OEM's under other brand must be put in database by exact models..
That seems logical .. perhaps just changing the name string would do the trick

Reaction score
OK, some interesting learnings. With Dahua firmware ONVIF sent "Dahua | IPC-B54IR-Z4E-S3" to Eagle Eye. I let them know that the model is an empiretech. He said ONVIF is sending that. So, I flashed back to Empiretech firmware, and Eagle Eye now has it listed as "GENERAL | IPC-B54IR-Z4E-S3". Checking Eagle eyes compatibility list they do have some other cameras listed in the General section. Some of them do look like Dahua models.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, some interesting learnings. With Dahua firmware ONVIF sent "Dahua | IPC-B54IR-Z4E-S3" to Eagle Eye. I let them know that the model is an empiretech. He said ONVIF is sending that. So, I flashed back to Empiretech firmware, and Eagle Eye now has it listed as "GENERAL | IPC-B54IR-Z4E-S3". Checking Eagle eyes compatibility list they do have some other cameras listed in the General section. Some of them do look like Dahua models.
Can you set the camera model for that channel in the Eagle Eye software ?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok - so that "Dahua" returned by ONVIF works for nx witness.. almost all Dahua cameras have the same ONVIF & Dahua HTTP interface - so nx Witness is enabling Dahua HTTP API simply by detecting Dahua and all Dahua AI / camera events are then supported by nx witness (not part of ONVIF)..

little strange that Eagle eyes is doing whitelist per exact models.. but if this is they way, you must ask for firmware fix with added this camera model as supported...