Dahua DH-PTZ1A225-HNR-XA v DH-PTZ1A225-HNR-GB

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have been using the DH-PTZ1A225-HNR-XA for a few years now with fantastic results. this has far surpassed quality wise many of the other PTZ models we have tried considering its only a 2mp camera. Also night colour images in an area with plenty of ambient light beats any other camera we have used.
We are about to purchase another batch of these cameras but have noticed there is a new variant available which is the DH-PTZ1A225-HNR-GB Comparing the data sheets from dahua there seems to be some minor changes. has anyone used the old and new variants and noticed any improvement on the newer version?

links to the 2 data sheets for the models

XA variant
GB Variant

dh-ptz1a225-hnr-gb.jpg

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those (-XA, -GB) are generations of cam.
From HW point usually they have changed a SOC (CPU+GPU+ISP+AI) to newer / more powerful one.
From SW point this usually means totally a new firmware (generation) with a new features (image processing enhancement, new AI modes, better auto tracking). Sometime also some downgrades.

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those (-XA, -GB) are generations of cam.
From HW point usually they have changed a SOC (CPU+GPU+ISP+AI) to newer / more powerful one.
From SW point this usually means totally a new firmware (generation) with a new features (image processing enhancement, new AI modes, better auto tracking). Sometime also some downgrades.
Yes the downgrades are one of my concerns I have seen that on some other models. I think we will stick with the variant we know as it has been a good solid work horse for us.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes the downgrades are one of my concerns I have seen that on some other models. I think we will stick with the variant we know as it has been a good solid work horse for us.
big question: are the old model really available on the market?
You should buy one new cam, test it and then buy the rest.

Dahua is good in generations upgrades - usually they bring a lot of good stuff, which are not visible on first hand in spec sheet. Especially in auto tracking and AI performance

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh well the GB variant has arrived today and straight away i found a show stopper for us with this variant. The XA variant has Mozaic masking but has now been removed on the GB variant. Strangley I have one camera which is an earlier variant on the XA and that does not have mozaic so they introduced it and now removed it again. The GB does have the newer interface. I think we will be sticking with the XA version whilst we can get them.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
GB use new gui , and pics day and night have some improvement, autotracking is better like all new series PTZ release.

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
GB use new gui , and pics day and night have some improvement, autotracking is better like all new series PTZ release.
Thanks Andy Unfortunately the nature of our business means we often have to make good use of the mozaic masking to reduce the public areas and as the GB does not have that it has limited use for us. I have been lucky and managed to obtain 5 of the XA version after these are gone I am not sure what we will use.