EmpireTech aka Dahua LPR Settings

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you properly water proofing all connections at time of install?
A bit of Dielectric grease in the connections goes a long way to prevent problems.
WaterProofing Connections
Yeah everything is taped off and in the bullet connectors. I just didnt do it for the POE Splitter. I knew it would be an issue but I didnt have a junction box and I figured I'd replace it before it went bad. Joke was on me though. I know have an outdoor waterproof POE splitter.

Also for any of the newbies on here. The reset function on this page doesn't just reset the zoom. It resets the whole cameras. Ive done this a few times thinking it was zoom only to find out all my settings dropped.

1708004672534.png

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the plates are a little blurry in the day time which setting should I be looking at?

1708020483916.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First would be exposure, you would want it faster
next reduce DNR as much as possible

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to more zoom, you should do a fixed shutter or a smaller range.

At that distance and that wide of a zoom and that large of a spread in the ms range, every time the shutter adjusts speed, it also adjusts the focus slightly. Setting to a fixed shutter will keep the focus constant.

And remember that the more zoom one has, the smaller the area of focus. I bet at some point along that road the focus is clearer.

If you stopped a vehicle at the far left and far right and did a manual focus, I bet they could be different by 5 or 10 focus steps.

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In addition to more zoom, you should do a fixed shutter or a smaller range.

At that distance and that wide of a zoom and that large of a spread in the ms range, every time the shutter adjusts speed, it also adjusts the focus slightly. Setting to a fixed shutter will keep the focus constant.

And remember that the more zoom one has, the smaller the area of focus. I bet at some point along that road the focus is clearer.

If you stopped a vehicle at the far left and far right and did a manual focus, I bet they could be different by 5 or 10 focus steps.
ok I zoomed in as much as I could. Are you saying do a fixed 1/500 speed?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need faster than that during the day. At least 1/2000, possibly 1/4000

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
0-1 = max 1/1000
0-.5 = 1/2000

Yeah try fixed (I use fixed at night) but daytime I use range as above

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Should I try to push the camera to just focus on this spot? I was trying to cover more of the road.

1708024003554.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. You need to pick a spot for the focus and recognize that anything before or after that spot will be a tad out of focus.

The more distance you try to cover, the more out of focus it will be on the ends.

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep. You need to pick a spot for the focus and recognize that anything before or after that spot will be a tad out of focus.

The more distance you try to cover, the more out of focus it will be on the ends.
Ok ill go climb the ladder again and push the camera up more so I can focus to that one spot.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure of your distance but try to zoom to where most of the frame is taken up by the vehicle to reduce out of focus areas and enhance the sweet spot

anonymoosed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which means I basically have this area unless I tilt the camera up

1708027058190.png