Find the cat :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've been looking at them, but we used to heat our ornamental pond and the electricity cost was killing us.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, the garbage truck came by today (about 200+ feet away) and spooked the cat. I was watching at my desk as she went running around the side of the house to go hide. I beat her to the back door and just as she was running by, I tapped on the window. She put on the brakes fast because she knows exactly what that means. Once she finished she went back to bed. :p

IMG_20240115_103851363_HDR.jpg

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
She's eaten so much today that I wasn't sure if she'd even fit through the hole to her house. So she handled that as this is the first time she's gone into the one by the food door. Now it's only a 4 foot walk to food. :p The front house is still a lot better for her though. South side of house, NW wind blocked, better insulated. She doesn't seem to mind the cold at all though. She's been playing out there all day.

IMG_20240115_160908249_HDR~2.jpg

View attachment UDeck.20240115_150000_1.mp4

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Whether you're a "cat person" or not, I find this "A Cat's Diary" on-point and funny :lol::

Excerpt:

DAY 761 – Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded. Must try this at the top of the stairs.
Excerpts From A Cat’s Diary
One of our rescue dog, who passed away a couple week ago, arrived to us totally blind and recovered maybe 20% of his vision. Same deal. He'd always be in the middle of everything and would nearly cause a death at least once a week!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Got my Bluetooth thermometer today (very short range, but that thing is pretty small). I put it just the other side of the hay, half way back and about mid way up. Her house has been empty all day and showed 9° (it's 4°F outside right now). She finished dinner at 6:30 and hopped in. Half hour later it was 27°F in there. Then she decided she had to go out and play around. The temp inside dropped 2° before she went back in (about 20 minutes). Maybe she'll stay in long enough this time to see what it gets up to. I'm fine with this setup seeing what I see.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You mean just a current pic, or??? Oh, and it's 36.5°F in there as I type this. Just remember, though it's HER body heat that's heating that house, that gauge isn't right next to her....
Boacat.20240116_202042309.281.jpg
Screenshot_20240116-202320.png
I checked the temperature accuracy verses other devices that I own. I can't/won't speak for the humidity accuracy.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Location, location, location. The temperature showed a high of 50.9° with one caveat. Looking at the graph, I thought she must have gone out a couple of times after I went to bed. Matching the graph up to the cam, that wasn't the case. I can see that she moved all the way to the back a couple of times, and pushed tight to it where she gets the added warmth of the silver reflective insulation that I have behind the straw there. When she did that, the sensor is open to the air coming in from the entryway. Each time, the temperature reading dropped 10°+. I'm betting that by putting the sensor closer to the back (not on the back as I'm looking for real temperature readings here), that the high temperature reading will increase.

We'll see when she gives me the chance. I'm not about to needlessly spook her away from her warmth...

Reaction score
I guess I’ll hijack your thread to tell my cat story.IMG_0401.jpeg So there I was minding my own business watching my son’s last middle school football game being played at one of the local high schools. Now it’s an area of town you try to avoid in daylight and certainly at night, but there we were in the stands when this cat comes wandering through with his head cocked sideways, apparently because he’s deaf and blind on one side. He looks like he hasn’t eaten anything for a month. Of course my wife starts feeding him nachos and cheese since that’s all she had and starts taking about taking him home, you know, just so we can take to the humane society in the morning. I said hell no that cat ain’t coming home with us, and there he was stuffed in a cardboard box screaming bloody murder all the way home. Now here we are 4 years later with our pictures pasted on a couple Father’s Day coffee mugs and the calendar in the kitchen last year. We have 3 dogs at the moment, he thinks he’s one of them, chases them around the house all the time and just generally runs the show around here. He wants nothing to do with getting in your lap, doesn’t knock stuff off intentionally like your typical asshole cat (remember he is half blind and not always graceful) but just follows me around seeing what I’m up to. He’s my buddy, I guess I’ll keep him.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
She was out and about starting around 3am until after she was fed (and played, and fed again) around 7:30am. It was a balmy 32°F here, so she was good to go, playing with her toys, hanging out on top of our planter box, etc. I could post of ton of her stuff, but (even though we enjoy it!) I don't need to bore anyone (excessively). :p