HC7267 960p PTZ speed dome not focussing

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
Have received an HC7267 speed dome camera today. Checked it out and all looked good inside the house. Mounted it on the outside wall of my French chateau and immediately saw that it cannot focus at infinity. Fine at 6cm to a couple of meters but any long distance shots are out of focus with zoom almost unusable beyond 15x. The attached image is a farmhouse about 1km away at 30x zoom on a beautiful sunny day. Can I manually adjust the camera focus ring?

I tried everything from auto-focus, semi-auto, manual, over-ride....this is by far the best image I got. I zoomed to 20x on the street below, about 40m away and it becomes so blurry beyond 17x zoom I gave up.

Simon

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You get what you pay for. Focus failures are common on the cheap ptz's...

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You get what you pay for. Focus failures are common on the cheap ptz's...
I paid nearly US$700 plus duty on arrival into France. You can get a Cannon DSLR with two zoom lenses for that which does not have focus problems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I paid nearly US$700 plus duty on arrival into France. You can get a Cannon DSLR with two zoom lenses for that which does not have focus problems.
where did you buy this camera? what brand is it? You got ripped off.

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
where did you buy this camera? what brand is it? You got ripped off.
Yawn..yes I am sure. The price I paid for a HikVision 960p 30x zoom PTZ camera was appropriate. While I am sure someone of your skills could do better I am actually more interested in an actual answer. i.e. can I remove the camera front housing and physically twist something to improve the focus?

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have a link to where you purchased the camera or the full model number?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yawn..yes I am sure. The price I paid for a HikVision 960p 30x zoom PTZ camera was appropriate. While I am sure someone of your skills could do better I am actually more interested in an actual answer. i.e. can I remove the camera front housing and physically twist something to improve the focus?
What is the model of this camera? HC7267 does not correspond to a hikvision model. The do have a DS-2DF7276-AEL
The focus is motorized, if something is not working its unlikely you can make the repair. Regardless, you camera is defective..if you open it up they will allege you caused the damage. File a claim with aliexpress and simply return the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the camera.
I assumed that since it came in a Hik Vision box from China, where Hik Vision are made it was genuine. Are you saying these are fakes?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/cctv-30x-960p-zoom-ptz-ip-camera-hikvision/217593748.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null
Yes that is not a hikvision camera. Its made by http://www.imporx.com/Default.aspx
They use a "hikvision sensor"....if you read the description carefully they use a hikvision sensor with hikvision firmware, but the camera is not a hikvision. Send it back.

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
My research says that the focus and aperture control are on the camera module itself, so the HikVision ds-2zmn3006 is the problem, and not the manufacturer of the housing and stepper motor controls. If I take the unit apart is there any
"adjustment" screws on the HikVision camera that I can use to set the focus correctly?

If I send the whole unit back, which is a big deal as I am in France in my holiday home and not back here for some time, I assume I am just as likely to get a bad or even worse camera back as a replacement? So I could incur considerable courier charges plus French import duties getting a second unit here and actually end up worse off.

I am an electronic engineer so pretty happy to disassemble the whole unit to get to the camera module.

Simon

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My research says that the focus and aperture control are on the camera module itself, so the HikVision ds-2zmn3006 is the problem, and not the manufacturer of the housing and stepper motor controls. If I take the unit apart is there any
"adjustment" screws on the HikVision camera that I can use to set the focus correctly?

If I send the whole unit back, which is a big deal as I am in France in my holiday home and not back here for some time, I assume I am just as likely to get a bad or even worse camera back as a replacement? So I could incur considerable courier charges plus French import duties getting a second unit here and actually end up worse off.

I am an electronic engineer so pretty happy to disassemble the whole unit to get to the camera module.

Simon
They are claiming the module is hikvision, who knows...regardless, they lied to you. Send the unit back for a refund. Even if you open it up and somehow get it working, who knows what else will fail, or how long the fix will last before its repaired. If you credit card has some sort of protection, you can use that as well. I am uncertain about the duty regulations but it would stand to reason that if you return an item you should be able to claim a refund on the duty paid.

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually their support team contacted me, I set up a temporary teamview link to my desktop and they downloaded and installed new firmware then ran a diagnostic program and wham, everything came clear and now its totally brilliant. Really clear image to infinity.

Attachments

cabila

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Simon. I have got an Imporx dome camera with same problem was yours. Did you contact with Imporx team directly or Aliexpress seller first? ...

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
I contacted Imporx, i.e. the seller directly and they were extremely helpful. My Internet link was a bit slow, so I downloaded the support software for them then set up the remote access. Their technician spoke good English and was very helpful all the way through. Only took him about 2 minutes of online time and the camera is still perfect today. I am really happy with it.
I still have the software he used, but it is all in Chinese so not very useful. Could drop it into a DropBox if you want it.

Simon Bunn

n3wb
Reaction score
This image is from a farmhouse about 1.4 km away, at maximum 30 times zoom. As you can see, crystal clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

cabila

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick answer.

My camera's model is [FONT=&amp]YC-HD785R-20X.

Imporx camera like this one:

[/FONT]
http://es.aliexpress.com/item/Blue-Iris-CCTV-Camera-2015-20X-Optical-Zoom-IR-150M-High-Speed-Dome-Full-HD1080P-Auto/32323387569.html?spm=2114.10010408.0.42.4YG49t&isOrigTitle=true

It came with 6m focus by default. Infinite doesn't work in far distances. Too Blurry and bad focused further than 15x. Mine is 20x as you see.

First one shooted at zoom 15x:

cavilados.no-ip.org_00_00_20160627091325023.jpg

Second one at maximum 20x:

cavilados.no-ip.org_00_00_20160627091103252.jpg

If they resolve this issue like yours I promise you a private link to watch my scenary spanish beach. And of course to any forum user :D

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

cabila

n3wb
Reaction score
The files to upgrade are not fit with my cam's model. It's very risky . I don't get contact whit the seller. Do you remember the support link your seller gives you ?