Help with initialisation of empiretech cameras?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using a web browser, type in the address of 192.168.1.108.
Enter your name and password.
When you get in, then in the upper right corner, click on the gear icon as seen in screen shot below.
Then select Network Settings.
On that screen, you will see the field for IP address, change it to whatever you need it to be, that won't conflict with anything else on your network.
Be sure to select Apply when you are finished.
1713992964006.png

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have changed the default ip as pictured. Now how do I get the second camera with the original ip address on the system. I’ll take as many pics as needed.

Attachments

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I reset the first device and now my router sees both as does the configuration tool. We’re close but still need advice on how to get both feeds up and running from here and being saved to m laptop.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
'fraid I cant be much help. I've never tried that

What do you plan on streaming them to in order to view them?

You could I suppose download SmartPSSLite and use it as a viewer, not sure about saving the streams to your laptop. I would think that will eat up a ton of drive space pretty quickly even if you could

Outside of my knowledge base, sorry

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you do not have a VMS like BI or an NVR, then you need to open up two web browser tabs to see both video feeds.

And yes you do not want to use your computer to store the video - it is very inefficient and you will burn your main drive up quickly.

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Success. I’ve got a few days before it re-writes over existing storage. Thankfully the spare laptop suffices.

In terms of the nvr I’d like to connect a laptop via Ethernet and review the footage in real time while the feed still records to the nvr storage. Is there a specific feature I need to look out for when purchasing or does every nvr have that feature built in?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much every NVR is capable of that, some better than others.

The bigger issue is that it is best to match camera brand with NVR brand to ensure full functionality. So you will want to go with Empiretech/Dahua OEM to ensure full functionality.

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a pretty basic, poor choice. And you should stay away from wifi cameras.

But the bandwidth is limited to 40Mbps - which means you could burn thru that with only four 4MP cams running high bitrates and FPS. You bought a great camera in the 5442, don't now cripple it with a sucky NVR that can't keep up with it.

• Bandwidth: Wired mode: 40Mbps input, 40Mbps recording and 20Mbps output Wireless mode: 16Mbps input, 16Mbps recording
  • Video compression: Smart H.265; H.265; Smart H.264; H.264; MJPEG
  • Resolution: 6MP; 5MP; 4MP; 3MP; 2MP; 720p; D1
  • Decoding capacity: 1 channel 6MP@25fps; 1 channel 5MP@25fps; 2 channel 4MP@25fps; 2 channel 3MP@25fps; 1080p@25fps at 4 channels

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could you guys peruse Amazon uk for some examples of good nvrs? I’m not trying to break the bank just trying to catch some cowardly behaviour

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best bet is to get an EmpireTech NVR to work well with those cameras. Most would recommend the 5xxx series.

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately empiretech nvr is not available on Amazon uk or uk retail.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How did you get EmpireTech cameras?

But yes reach out to him directly, many here are from the UK and purchase from him without an issue.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Says he ships all over the world -- This is Andy's website, forum sponsor and a pleasure to deal with.

BuseyCB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys. I snagged the empiretech cams and had them shipped over to the UK which took some time. The situation and the reason behind needing cams have been exasperated so I don’t have a choice and will have to purchase the nvr to be delivered asap.

Any Amazon UK recommendations would be greatly, and I truly mean greatly, appreciated.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How many channels do you need?

Wow, Amazon UK is seriously fucked up. Do they give you lubrication with purchases? And the site is full of scammers listings with some products 10X more than they should be. Feels like walking into a bazaar in some 3rd world shithole… oh wait..

I have this one, up until say 18 months ago it was the go-to workhorse.

Looks like prices are double+ those in the US

This one could work but you’ll need to buy an external PoE switch