How are Visualint Starlight Cameras?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a seen a few listings on eBay for Visualiant mini-dome and bullet 1550 cameras for sale. Does anyone have any feedback? The low light capabilities seem great.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a seen a few listings on eBay for Visualiant mini-dome and bullet 1550 cameras for sale. Does anyone have any feedback? The low light capabilities seem great.
HI @Safetyfirst

Do you have a image of the camera and the spec sheet?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any feedback?
Off hand the specs look good. I don't know much about the brand, so I can only give some basic guidance on what in general works.

Mini-domes / domes - issues with outdoor use ( see the cliff notes ): internal IR light reflection into the lens, plastic dome decay issues when exposed to heat / uv. Thus many prefer to to use that style indoors, or in areas like the front porch which is well lighted at night so that the IR leds do not need to be turned on.

Bullets - many prefer turret form factors as bullets often have issue with bugs / spiders attracted to the IR led ring around the lens.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Off hand the specs look good. I don't know much about the brand, so I can only give some basic guidance on what in general works.

Mini-domes / domes - issues with outdoor use ( see the cliff notes ): internal IR light reflection into the lens, plastic dome decay issues when exposed to heat / uv. Thus many prefer to to use that style indoors, or in areas like the front porch which is well lighted at night so that the IR leds do not need to be turned on.

Bullets - many prefer turret form factors as bullets often have issue with bugs / spiders attracted to the IR led ring around the lens.
Thanks. I couldn't find much about them on the forum so I figured I'd ask.

Reaction score
So looking at the dome, it is stated it is for indoor use. Has a "2MP 1/2.8" Starlight CMOS" which is probably the Sony CMOS used in the Dahua Starlites.

No price is specified. Why are you looking at these rather than the Dahua's that most folks here use from @EMPIRETECANDY or the HiKvision sold here?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw some with make an offer on ebay and thought it might be cheaper. I was looking for something a bit more reliable for use in a property where a chance of vandalism is possible or tenant issues that need to reliably record in low light conditions of they remove the bulbs in the hallways again.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When would someone use for example Panasonic etc then? I assume they are slightly more reliable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When would someone use for example Panasonic etc then? I assume they are slightly more reliable?
Up until recently Panasonic was selling rebranded dahua cameras. Want to pay 6-10x for axis or avigolon. Go ahead.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What would you suggest if reliability is most important at different price points?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why waste time. What is your budget.what good is a reliable camera if the image is poor.
My budget is about 300-400 per camera I would need 4 for the hallways as tenants have restraining orders against one another due to previous threats towards one another. The hallways are L shaped I saw the visualint Mini domes due to the wide angle and compact size. I don't need the best image just a time line if one stabs one another etc. which has happened in the past with different tenants.