I just received my SD49225T-HN weird noises

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
I am upgrading some very aging Canon VBC50i cameras which I bought 10 years ago. I plugged the cam up with an CAT6 cable and a 12v 5 amp adapter powering the unit. When it started I heard all kinds of weird noises coming from the cam. If it's anything like the old Canons I was expecting the PTZ to establish it's starting point. Well the PTZ never moved but sure sounded bad. Once I communicated with it all the functions of the camera appear to be working well but that noise persists. What could be going on with this unit?

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
When I installed the micro SD I saw a couple on the head of the unit. One was on top the other on the side. I'm not sure how to find the packets for the x axis.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
probably a silica gel packet moved during shipping
Yes, the silicon bag may make this noisy, please open the camera and take it out, not a big problem for taking out.
You are the guy open dispute on aliexpress? I try to contact you for this.@JeffW

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
Should they be taken out? Why are they in there? Won't moisture ruin the unit later after warranty expired or not? I'm pretty disappointed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Should they be taken out? Why are they in there? Won't moisture ruin the unit later after warranty expired or not? I'm pretty disappointed

1) you have no warranty. You are limited to what Andy will honor...
2) You could leave them in just make sure they are not in the way of anything...
This is a common occurrence during shipment and is an easy fix.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

The ptz has good sealed, no problem to take them out. If leakage how the silicon one can abosob the rain? I will make the warranty. No worry.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The silicon mainly use for protecting the camera inside dry before using. And when use it can bring it out. I just talked with dahua engineer for this.
Anyguys have opened the camera before , if can share some pictures for the opening that would be great.
For all device i sold warranty no problem at all. Some guys' defective cams are fixed and replaced.

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
1) you have no warranty. You are limited to what Andy will honor...
2) You could leave them in just make sure they are not in the way of anything...
This is a common occurrence during shipment and is an easy fix.
I still have the dispute period at Ali. I don't want to be stuck with a defective unit. I already took a beating on another item from Ali. Tried a return and it's lost in Chicago. I just belive if the engineers put them in there then they belong in there. I was about to purchase 20 camera for my shop and now I'm very skeptical.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, I see. You take it off and try. If not work well I send you a new one. The silicon mainly protect the camera before using.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I still have the dispute period at Ali. I don't want to be stuck with a defective unit. I already took a beating on another item from Ali. Tried a return and it's lost in Chicago. I just belive if the engineers put them in there then they belong in there. I was about to purchase 20 camera for my shop and now I'm very skeptical.

Very illogical post. Do you think his Dahua cameras are different than other sellers Dahua cams? You are skeptical despite MANY other users ordering from this seller? Where is the logic?
First understand how silica packets work. Once they absorb maximum moisture they can no longer hold any more unless heated to very high temps. Thus by definition they are not there as a solution for perpetual water absorption.
Regardless, you CAN leave them in there if you are concerned. Just make sure they are not disturbing anything.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Very illogical post. Do you think his Dahua cameras are different than other sellers Dahua cams? You are skeptical despite MANY other users ordering from this seller? Where is the logic?
First understand how silica packets work. Once they absorb maximum moisture they can no longer hold any more unless heated to very high temps. Thus by definition they are not there as a solution for perpetual water absorption.
Regardless, you CAN leave them in there if you are concerned. Just make sure they are not disturbing anything.
yes, this is professional explaination for the silicon bag.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
yes, this is professional explaination for the silicon bag.

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
The silicon mainly use for protecting the camera inside dry before using. And when use it can bring it out. I just talked with dahua engineer for this.
Anyguys have opened the camera before , if can share some pictures for the opening that would be great.
For all device i sold warranty no problem at all. Some guys' defective cams are fixed and replaced.
Tomorrow back at the shop I'll remove the packets and see if that fixes fixes things. I really hope it works as shipping costs would be prohibitive.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could you describe the "weird noise" a bit? Maybe compare it to a general sound effects that we may be familiar with. Would it be a tight squeaking or grinding sound like a motor is trying to move but getting jammed? or is it electronic beeping/squealing? Does it make the sound constantly or does it only happen when you try panning/tilting?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Could you describe the "weird noise" a bit? Maybe compare it to a general sound effects that we may be familiar with. Would it be a tight squeaking or grinding sound like a motor is trying to move but getting jammed? or is it electronic beeping/squealing? Does it make the sound constantly or does it only happen when you try panning/tilting?
I watched the video, the pan/tilt sticker and have vibiration noise. So I am sure it's the silicon bag stucked.
You can open it as picture shows.

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
I ran to the shop removed the packs. Guess what? Still whining and grinding. I said it's in the x axis not the camera y. Are you going to tell me to remove more packs in the dome somewhere?

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
I said earlier it's on the X axis. That is not in the camera head. Let's make the purchaser the victim here. I expect a working camera. Is that too much to ask?