Initialize New Camera

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I havent done this since i set up the system at home, unfortunately i did not write it down, i tried going through threads to see if anything is done different and im just at a loss
i am trying to set u BI @ work, and want to verify complete set up at home and that i can make a camera work before replicating at work

Here is what i did, please let me know what i am missing

1. internet disconnected from PC
2. camera plugged into PC
3. changed IPv4 settings (S/S attached)
4. IE open, trying to access IP address " 192.168.1.108 "

also included S/S of trying to find it with config tool (just installed fresh version)
tried to reset camera by holding button for 20 seconds as well

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I havent done this since i set up the system at home, unfortunately i did not write it down, i tried going through threads to see if anything is done different and im just at a loss
i am trying to set u BI @ work, and want to verify complete set up at home and that i can make a camera work before replicating at work

Here is what i did, please let me know what i am missing

1. internet disconnected from PC
2. camera plugged into PC
3. changed IPv4 settings (S/S attached)
4. IE open, trying to access IP address " 192.168.1.108 "

also included S/S of trying to find it with config tool (just installed fresh version)
tried to reset camera by holding button for 20 seconds as well
It's a Dahua or Dahua-OEM camera, right?
Are you powering the camera with a 12VDC adapter since you said "camera plugged into PC" ?

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes correct , purchased from Andy
camera is plugged into ethernet port of the PC via ethernet cable (i do remember this is the way i did it last time)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So how is camera getting power? The computer ethernet port doesn't provide power.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Device not found, try to make a hard reset to the camera's reset button , press the reset button for 7-10 seconds, make sure camera is powered by poe or 12v 2a adapter and search again.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes correct , purchased from Andy
camera is plugged into ethernet port of the PC via ethernet cable (i do remember this is the way i did it last time)
Again, as in my post #2.....are you powering the camera with a 12VDC adapter since you said "camera plugged into PC" ?

Last edited:

quiet.tea

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Connect both the camera and PC to the same PoE switch and that should allow access to the camera. If it is a managed switch, make sure both switch ports are on the same VLAN.

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So how is camera getting power? The computer ethernet port doesn't provide power.
FML... thank you,
completely went over my head, i was thinking any ethernet will power my camera, thank you