Ip camera going offline

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
OK - sounds good. You may need to adjust the policy on the router if the Internet access is not following the right "path" outbound but again, we are just doing this to make the BO config less complicated for troubleshooting purposes. Longer term, you want to segment the BI machine and the cameras away on a separate VLAN from all your other computers on your network for security reasons - combined with a VPN to view them remotely would really raise the level of security on your setup and keep you from exposing those cameras inadvertently.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK - sounds good. You may need to adjust the policy on the router if the Internet access is not following the right "path" outbound but again, we are just doing this to make the BO config less complicated for troubleshooting purposes. Longer term, you want to segment the BI machine and the cameras away on a separate VLAN from all your other computers on your network for security reasons - combined with a VPN to view them remotely would really raise the level of security on your setup and keep you from exposing those cameras inadvertently.
Thanks, I'm just looking at the Ubiquiti Edge Routers to see if they be suitable do my load balance and openVPN.

(I'm also having to deal with my house that's just had 2 inches of rainwater in 2 rooms due to prolonged rain. The pumps ran out of space to pump the water to).

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well- the .15x cameras are still dropping out. 11/11/19 at 09.09 and 12/11/19 at 10.16

The .16x and 143 cameras haven't at all. Now is that due to the rollback or pulling the NIC. ? I suspect the former.

I have a copy of BI 5.0.5.9 so perhaps I try that again and see if the problem returns.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I updated BI to 5.0.6.0 and the .16x, .143 cameras dropped out in the early hours this morning. (Second NIC was still unplugged).

I've rolled back to 5.0.5.8 again and will see if it becomes stable again.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The .15x are Panasonic_WV-SP306

The others are Chinese.
The .16x are all the same make - it says AEVISION, no model number.
The .143 is also Chinese but I have 2 others the same that are not effected. ONVIF-IPNC, TH38E5-ONVIF-P2P

I've had all these for a number of years and never had a problem with them.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The .143 is also Chinese but I have 2 others the same that are not effected. ONVIF-IPNC, TH38E5-ONVIF-P2P
Looking closer at the above cameras and despite all being bought together, the other 2 have different model numbers TH38A11 and firmware.

I've found newer firmware for the problem one and updated it.

Since rolling back to BI 5.0.5.8 yesterday morning they have not dropped out again.

Last edited:

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the end I found that changing the setting from intel to NvidiaNVDEC cured it for the cameras that dropped out and wouldn't reconnect.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just noticed that my Panasonic cameras have stopped dropping out so I reverted back to Intel for the others and they haven't dropped out either since.