Just ordered some IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from Andy....

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ya, total rookie compared to most of you guys so a question please.

Once they are hooked up, how to I adjust the zoom? From my DVR? Only ever owned fixed FOV and mechanically adjustable FOV

Rksgrd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zoom is adjusted directly on the camera.

Rksgrd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the camera's web interface or SmartPSS

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera's interface software lets you make the adjustment remotely. You can do it through Blue Iris, and probably via your interface on the NVR. You can also do it through a web-browser when logged onto the camera that way. There's a little motor and gears that adjusts the lens.

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks buddy.

Completely understand there is a little servo. Just dont know how to access it. I've never logged into camera settings directly. I assume only windows and not mac...... Do I get ip address from my NVR?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
When you get the cameras, plug them in one at a time to avoid IP conflicts until either you or the NVR configure them.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
And then it's usually recommended that you set the cameras to have fixed (not dynamic) IP addresses. As awesum140 says above, connect them one at a time and let them be assigned IP addresses by the NVR. Then you can connect to them and make adjustments.

I don't know much about MAC, but from what I've read, these cameras won't play well with the browser(s) on a MAC. I use a browser called "Pale Moon" (32 bit) on a Windows machine to directly set up my cameras. The 32 Bit version still allows the use of the appropriate plug-ins that the cameras require.

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd continue this one. I have similar varifocal cams with an NVR and they are working fine. Only issue is that I also can't work out how to zoom them. I could not find anything in the NVR settings nor in SmartPSS. I can't connect to the camera web interface either. When I type the cam IP address into the browser it doesn't find the camera. I think its because its on an NVR IP sub-range.

Cams: PC-HDW5831R-ZE
NVR: NVR5216-16P-4KS2E

Any advice?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Plug your PCs network cable into a port on the NVR, The PC will need to be set to DHCP to get an IP address from the NVR. Then you can access the camera through its web interface and control everything on the camera, including zoom.

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I just tried that, booting the PC from scratch with wifi off. It got an IP address in the same subnet range but still could not connect. its a strange one....

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have an IP scanner on the PC check, using that, for the camera IPs as assigned by the NVR. Advance IP Scanner works fairly well Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.

You don't have to reboot. Open a command prompt window, type "ipconfig /release". Wait for the address to be released, then type "ipconfig /renew". That'll move you over without rebooting.

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Its strange as I can see using IPconfig the IP of the PC when connected to the NVR is in the correct range. I can also connect to the NVR interface via its IP address. I can then see the camera IP addresses in the NVR but can't connect to them from the PC. They are all in the same range. Am thinking that maybe the IP address showing in the NVR isn't actually correct. If I run arp -a then I cant see the cameras but I can see the NVR IP address.

I'll try the advanced IP scanner app tonight, maybe that will show them better.

Its all a bit weird though as the cams are working perfectly, I only want to zoom two in a bit!

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
Q - thanks for the suggestion. I did consider that, but it seems to do exactly the same as my NVR camera setup does. I'm up to try anything to get into the camera to adjust the zoom so will try that tonight as well in case it connects better than the NVR does.

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you see the blue "e" icon in NVR web gui > camera > registration?

Look like new firmware block direct access to camera web interface even when your laptop is in the same subnet as the camera.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm up to try anything to get into the camera to adjust the zoom so will try that tonight as well in case it connects better than the NVR does
The Dahua ConfigTool will show you the IP address of each camera. What you need to do is browse to the camera's IP address with your browser at which point you'll be presented with the Dahua camera login screen. Enter the correct Username and Password and you will be presented with the camera's management user interface. Navigate to Conditions (Menu Option) > Zoom and Focus (Tab). Set the zoom and focus and you're done.

I understand you may be using a Mac? I'm not certain of the compatibility of the Dahua Web User Interface and Safari, but I'm certain there is some work around for a Mac. Perhaps you have a windows machine laying around which you could utilize? I use Chrome on a Win10 machine to access the Dahua UI...is Chrome available for the Mac? If you use Chrome make certain to install the Dahua Chrome App which allows you to view the camera's stream (on my Win10 machine anyway).

Good luck brother. Thumbsmiley20.gif

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you see the blue "e" icon in NVR web gui > camera > registration?

Look like new firmware block direct access to camera web interface even when your laptop is in the same subnet as the camera.
If that is, indeed, the case all the more reason to use Blue Iris rather than an NVR.

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
icecoffee --- Yes I have the blue E. I noticed that as its the new MS Edge icon. When I click on it nothing happens. This is exactly what I suspected. How can I set the zoom though as the NVR doesn't seem to have function for it in the camera setup screen. I can invert, etc... but no zoom???
Its all Dahua brand and all new so should NOT BE THIS HARD!!!!

Q - I'm on windows and will try the Config tool tonight. But, like icecoffee has said, I think its being blocked some reason.

Cams: PC-HDW5831R-ZE
NVR: NVR5216-16P-4KS2E