Just ordered some IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from Andy....

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q - I'm on windows and will try the Config tool tonight. But, like icecoffee has said, I think its being blocked some reason.
Turn off your Windows Firewall temporarily which you fuQ with this...there should be nothing else inside you LAN which would restrict it.

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
icecoffee --- Yes I have the blue E. I noticed that as its the new MS Edge icon. When I click on it nothing happens. This is exactly what I suspected. How can I set the zoom though as the NVR doesn't seem to have function for it in the camera setup screen. I can invert, etc... but no zoom???
Its all Dahua brand and all new so should NOT BE THIS HARD!!!!

Q - I'm on windows and will try the Config tool tonight. But, like icecoffee has said, I think its being blocked some reason.

Cams: PC-HDW5831R-ZE
NVR: NVR5216-16P-4KS2E
Give Palemoon 32 bit browser a try. I think you also have to install the web plug in the first time you click that e icon.

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using it with Chrome (and chrome plugin) on Windows 10. Will also try palemoon 32.
I am amazed that even in the NVR or smartPSS there doesn't seem to have function for it in the camera setup screen. I can invert, etc... but no zoom???

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try using IE11 and add the camera's IP address to IE11's Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet > Security > Sites > Advanced (and uncheck "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone")

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
[QUOTE="G-man.au, post: 320369, member: 67579"
I am amazed that even in the NVR or smartPSS there doesn't seem to have function for it in the camera setup screen. I can invert, etc... but no zoom???[/QUOTE]

So you don't have this popup available on the NVR's Setup/Image/Conditions screen?
autoFocus.jpg

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
Gold star for Tigerwillow! It was hidden in the Auto Focus settings button. It didn't work via the NVR web interface but did direct on the NVR itself. Mystery solved!
Now onto integrating the VTO2111/ VTH1550...

G-man.au

n3wb
Reaction score
icecoffee -- You are also correct, looks like the new firmware blocks direct access to camera web interface even when your laptop is in the same subnet as the camera. The advanced IP scanner produced the same short list as the arp-a command from the dos prompt. Neither showed the camera IP addresses.
The new NVR worked for the zoom once I looked in the focus settings for zoom options... I'm so silly I didn't think of this aspect.

This hidden IP address issue is now causing problems with the doorbell setup, but I'll start a new thread on that for the beenfit of others looking in the future....