New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not upgraded either from purchase, here are the firmwares my DBs came with:

1683390936409.png1683391031351.png

Ordered the POE version first from ReoLink on Nov. 29, 2022 shipped Dec. 13th and Recved on Dec 17th
Ordered the WiFi from Amazon on Jan. 30, 2023 and Recved on Jan 31, 2023

AlwaysSomething

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick update. So I reached out to Support last night and they gave me a new firmware. I updated the firmware and had no drops for a few hours. Things were looking good...

Then I heard a noise outside so I opened the mobile app (Reolink's IOS app) to see if I could see what it was and how it looked on the phone. It was nighttime and also didn't feel like getting up. After I did, I heard the camera click once then again (probably a reboot). Now I had to get up. I went and checked the logs and sure it enough that triggered a NoSignal. Left the pings running overnight just to see.

Checked this morning and...
The firmware did fix the "regular" (every 20 minute) NoSignal that I've been having. It was running great with zero NoSignals for a few hours (on Wifi). The accessing the camera via the Reolink Mobile app retriggered the problem. DOH! Once it retriggered, the NoSginal came back every 20 minutes again. Pings were showing the problem every 20 minutes and lasting 30-40 seconds.

So if you never used the Mobile app you will probably never have this problem (hopefully).

I tried just doing a hard reset using the button on the back of the DB but that didn't help.

I just reverted to an old firmware that was posted and then updating the firmware again to latest. This time I will not use the Mobile app (in fact I deleted the camera from the app). Will see if that fixes it again. If it does then we know there is a bug that is triggered by the Mobile App.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At least you are narrowing it down...my old DB use to have a loud click when IR LEDs went On/Off

Your problem is not just at night correct?

Nevermind, reread your post...yeah it rebooted...

bmcgin

n3wb
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed support and asked if there is a new firmware for the wi-fi doorbell. They emailed this link:

DB_566128M5MP_W.2017_23041200.Reolink-Video-Doorbell-WiFi.OV05A10.5MP.WIFI8812.REOLINK.pak

I have it installed:
  • Config Version v3.0.0.0
  • Firmware Version v3.0.0.2017_23041200
  • Details DB_566128M5MP_WS10E1W7110000000

I just bought this last week. Yesterday I logged in to check the system and it was unable. Not sure what was happening. After a few minutes, everything was fine.
I fine it strange that ReoLink sends out so many unreleased firmwares almost as if they were Beta testing owners. I have read several on Reddit and here that received them when requested. I guess as long as it does not brick the DB...

Thanks for the share.

I would get on their Firmware Stay Informed list but no Doorbell listed:

1683483330266.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed support and asked if there is a new firmware for the wi-fi doorbell. They emailed this link:

DB_566128M5MP_W.2017_23041200.Reolink-Video-Doorbell-WiFi.OV05A10.5MP.WIFI8812.REOLINK.pak

I have it installed:
  • Config Version v3.0.0.0
  • Firmware Version v3.0.0.2017_23041200
  • Details DB_566128M5MP_WS10E1W7110000000

I just bought this last week. Yesterday I logged in to check the system and it was unable. Not sure what was happening. After a few minutes, everything was fine.
OK now I see after saving it, this is the version/firmware that was up on their Firmware site that they took down.

Elton has it listed on Page 1/Post 1

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK now I see after saving it, this is the version/firmware that was up on their Firmware site that they took down.

Elton has it listed on Page 1/Post 1
Just for grins... (still trying to fix my video lag problem) I went ahead and installed firmware update V2017_POE. Went very smooth. No problems. Now waiting to see if one of their many bug fixes does the trick...

1683484753527.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm noticed your Info says 202 instead of 200

View attachment 162173

I need to check file sizes.

They look the same but could be different...
Wow... good catch... I "assumed" when bmcgin said the file was emailed to him by Reolink support... and since I saw W2017 in the link title... that it would be the same release / patches / bug fixes. I didn't notice his link was for the WiFi version but I didn't use it because I had I download the POE version back when it was available for downloading. In any event. ... mine is indeed 202. I will update my earlier post to reflect the actual package I installed. I downloaded and unzipped both WIFi and POE versions of v2017. WiFi is 35.9MB and POE is 35.4MB... makes me wonder what the difference(s) might be.

Last edited:

bmcgin

n3wb
Reaction score
This might be something different. When the alert appears, now when I click on the link, a small window appears showing the live camera. This is an Android phone. I do not recall the old firmware doing that. I only used it for a day or so, I could be mistaken. I'm not sure if that is the Rich Notification. I do not subscribe to the cloud.

I did ask for the wi-fi version.

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Afraid I can't be of much use. Like you I also do not subscribe to the cloud but its because I have a Lorex NVR. I also remote view my cameras on an Android phone but I do it via a Lorex app. That said, I don't believe what you are describing is Reolink Rich Notification per se... supposedly its only available to users with Reolink Cloud subscriptions.

Per Reolink: You can know what happened at a glimpse by getting push notifications with snapshots, instead of mere words. Be smartly alerted and take quicker responses with Reolink cameras. (Rich notification is available for Reolink Cloud users only.) )

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those of us not on the Cloud nor using the ReoLink App, this is how I get Rich Notifications on our phones:

• OpenVPN Server on pfSense router (This can be done on some SOHO routers too) (WireGuard works too)
  • OpenVPN Connect client on phones (Android / Apple) (NOTE: I leave our Phones connected 24/7 to our VPN Server for easy access to Home Assistant)
  • Home Assistant (Integrations; ReoLink IP NVR/cameras)
These are the Instructional Videos I followed/used:​
Or you can use Nabu Casa

1683550444550.png
1683550518552.png
1683550573340.png

You can make another Automation for Motion Detected (Actions are the same as with Doorbell Press Automation):
1683550880555.png

I did end up adding this to my configuration.yaml
1683552786458.png

Results:
1683551523214.png

To view Live Video I click on the image which opens the
Home Assistant App or I can click on the Open Cameras link
and it will open a browser to the URL of Home Assistant
1683553395686.png

In Home Assistant I made this my Default Dashboard/Page:
1683553242810.png

To do this I followed this Instructional Video:

Blue Iris Add/MQTT Setup in Home Assistant:
Blue Iris Motion Detection Alerts in Home Assistant. Blue Iris NVR Add-On
NOTE: I use the Mosquitto (MQTT) broker in Home Assistant Add-ons

HTH

Last edited:

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good News (for me anyway)! Anyone following my video lag / delay problem first reported last week knows I've tried a lot of suggestions from other forum members. Yesterday in desperation I applied the most current firmware update (i.e. V2017) and the lag is gone! I wanted to wait 24 hours before reporting because the length of the day grows with each hour. Prior to the update 24 hours would lead to a delay/lag of 20+ seconds. After 24 hours still only seeing the normal 1/2 second delay. Not sure what "bug fix" was in the update but happy it fixed my issue. I was so aggravated with trying to fix the issue I took down the Reolink and put my old YouSee DB back in service. Will test the Reolink for a couple more days before I reinstall it.

Last edited:

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just looked at Reolink downloads today. There is a new firmware posted (at least for the POE version) on their site (v3.0.0.2033_23041302).

This is their notes on the firmware:
Note
Recommendation for upgrade: Because there are many updates in this version, it is recommended to check the Reset Configuration option when upgrading.

What's New

1. Release new smart home functions:
1) Support preview, 2-way audio, notification, voice wake-up on Alexa (notification will be available after finishing Cloud update);​
2) Support preview, notification, and voice wake-up on Google Home (notification will be available after finishing Cloud update);​

2. Support GOP settings.
3. Remove the original automatic frame drop, incorporate multi-level frame drop, and support frame rate control function
4. Support adjustable range of CDS value
5. Support working with IOT devices
6. Add status light control button for doorbell camera (Available to the App version of 4.37 or later)
7. Add ringing control switch for doorbell camera (Available to the App version of 4.37 or later)
8. Fix known bugs

CanadaBri

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my POE DB right now... will check out the new features when done.

edit:
I am using the web interface to do the FW upgrade... It is still running (its been about 15 minutes). Not sure if I should close the browser, or wait.. It says to not power off the device until the upgrade completes.
The phone app connects and I can see the video, no issues. The phone app sees the new FW stamp.
But if I open a new browser and try the web interface, the new browser window cannot reach it. So I think I have to manually reboot the DB... not sure. I would have thought it would reboot itself?

Hmm.. so both the phone app, and the Windows app can access the DB just fine. Everything looks upgraded. But the web interface is gone.. totally non-responsive.

Last edited:

bmcgin

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my POE DB right now... will check out the new features when done.

edit:
I am using the web interface to do the FW upgrade... It is still running (its been about 15 minutes). Not sure if I should close the browser, or wait.. It says to not power off the device until the upgrade completes.
The phone app connects and I can see the video, no issues. The phone app sees the new FW stamp.
But if I open a new browser and try the web interface, the new browser window cannot reach it. So I think I have to manually reboot the DB... not sure. I would have thought it would reboot itself?
I just updated the firmware via the windows app. It took about 2 minutes. I rebooted afterward just to be sure. Everything is working well. Try refreshing the browser. If the app says the new firmware is installed, it must be installed, so I'd guess it's ok to reboot the db.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They now have both WiFi and POE firmwares up