New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use SmartPSS, have you tried different ports?
Have not seen different color faceplates, etsy.com may be a place to check or a 3D printing site, there are several 3D mounts out there. You could always paint it...
Yup, tried all sort of ports, actually did a full port scan on it and these are the only ports open looks like, SPSS won't work with it, if someone knows how to make it work I'd love to know!
1695058677963.png

I see from the teardown post that it would be easy to pop off and paint, so if I need to I'll go that route - that's actually not bad for anyone looking to "match" it with their house/siding, etc.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All

First off, I'll admit, I didn't go through all 46 pages to find what I need.

Question, Can I use the POE DB to POE switch (Cisco 3650) and from switch to 2nd network card that's running BI ?

If yes, how do I manually configure a static IP?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dubber Reolink -> switch -> BI should be fine.

Once your Reolink is accessible on your home network, log into it via browser and set it to a desired static IP address. See screenshot:
reolink static.png

Alternatively, you can use your home router to assign a networked device to the same IP address every time.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply.

So if I connect my poe DB to switch and from switch to a 2nd network card that's a BI machine, how would I access reolink browser? is there some kind of default ip address like the dahua cams?

@dubber Reolink -> switch -> BI should be fine.

Once your Reolink is accessible on your home network, log into it via browser and set it to a desired static IP address. See screenshot:
View attachment 172732

Alternatively, you can use your home router to assign a networked device to the same IP address every time.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dubber It doesn't sound like you've gone thru the Reolink doorbell camera setup instructions. Once you've gone thru the initial install steps, your doorbell camera should have a valid IP address on your home network. You can then log into your Reolink via browser by typing in it's IP address.

If you don't know how to to do initial Reolink setup, check out some some YouTube videos. There are many out there.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dubber It doesn't sound like you've gone thru the Reolink doorbell camera setup instructions. Once you've gone thru the initial install steps, your doorbell camera should have a valid IP address on your home network. You can then log into your Reolink via browser by typing in it's IP address.

If you don't know how to to do initial Reolink setup, check out some some YouTube videos. There are many out there.
Don't have the door bell yet, I'm just doing research before buying it. To see if it would allow me to use with my 2nd nic setup. lol sorry for not being clear.

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got my POE doorbell! Can't wait to try it out in the next few days. Regarding initial setup, is internet connection required for the doorbell or just need to ensure the doorbell and app are on the same internal network? Curious if I can just go ahead and plug into my camera POE switch which is isolated from internet. Secondly, is there a preferred firmware and / or summary of best settings for Blue Iris? I plan to read through this entire thread tomorrow so apologize if these questions are already answered!

Reaction score
New user here. long time lurker, just joined today.
I just switched from EZVIZ to a new Reolink DB cam using wifi.
I can't get blue iris to display video. Sub stream show something being transferred.

Any suggestion on what I can try? Thanks.

blueiris1.pngblueiris2.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding initial setup, is internet connection required for the doorbell or just need to ensure the doorbell and app are on the same internal network?
Just on same LAN.

Secondly, is there a preferred firmware and / or summary of best settings for Blue Iris?
Here's how mine is working with Blue Iris:

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know how long this has been going on but has anyone else got this error? View attachment 159299
Don't know if you got this solved but I got the same error message with my Reolink doorbell and I changed HW acceleration for the camera to "Intel Beta" and the message went way. Not sure if it's possible to validate if the acceleration really works, but the status window says I2.
Can't say with certainty, but I get the same error as well and think it has something to do with the sub stream. When I turn sub stream off, error seems to go away. I did turn sub stream back on and switch HA for this camera only to Intel Beta and can confirm error also goes away.
1695665283498.png

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm curious at what height are you guys mounting the doorbell? Trying to find a spot for one and have read anything from 40 to 50+ inches high. How high are you mounting these?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious at what height are you guys mounting the doorbell? Trying to find a spot for one and have read anything from 40 to 50+ inches high. How high are you mounting these?
Ideally eye level would be perfect but that does not work for a Doorbell. I would say high enough for a child to press the button incase of an emergency. So you are in that range...

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there an official review of this, I'm curious as there is one contributor that does review for almost all cameras (thank you for that).
I have to say, that quality wise, this camera uses a worse sensor than the Lorex 2k doorbell, it doesn't work as well in low light as the Lorex 2k - this is my only reference for another doorbell camera.

I do like the wide angle - are there any small cube cameras that offer the angle that this Reolink doorbell does, and support POE? Looks from the teardown video that this electronics could fit a housing the size of a wyze cam, wish there was something offered like that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there an official review of this, I'm curious as there is one contributor that does review for almost all cameras (thank you for that).
I have to say, that quality wise, this camera uses a worse sensor than the Lorex 2k doorbell, it doesn't work as well in low light as the Lorex 2k - this is my only reference for another doorbell camera.

I do like the wide angle - are there any small cube cameras that offer the angle that this Reolink doorbell does, and support POE? Looks from the teardown video that this electronics could fit a housing the size of a wyze cam, wish there was something offered like that.
Keep in mind most here are not using the doorbell cam because of its stellar performance but are using this particular one as it is one of the better POE doorbell options (there just are not many) and is a great option for those not wanting to use wifi and have better cams for coverage around their door.

If you don't care about POE and are ok with wifi, there are better options as you have seen.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This isn't specifically related to the doorbell cameras but what are the web configuration options like in general with reolink?
Are they quite basic or do you have access to a lot of settings?

I ask because I came across a reolink camera that seems to be a bit of a unicorn in that it's a 4mp camera with a 1/1.8" sensor and it's really well priced.
But if you can't configure it how you want and have to rely on basic preset auto settings then it might not be worth the effort.

I tried to find some info on the reolink site and the best I can find is that quite a few settings can be manually controlled from within their app but that still seemed limited.
I couldn't find much at all about controls via the web configuration.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't specifically related to the doorbell cameras but what are the web configuration options like in general with reolink?
Are they quite basic or do you have access to a lot of settings?

I ask because I came across a reolink camera that seems to be a bit of a unicorn in that it's a 4mp camera with a 1/1.8" sensor and it's really well priced.
But if you can't configure it how you want and have to rely on basic preset auto settings then it might not be worth the effort.

I tried to find some info on the reolink site and the best I can find is that quite a few settings can be manually controlled from within their app but that still seemed limited.
I couldn't find much at all about controls via the web configuration.
I would think that camera still suffers from their algorithm favoring a bright image and resulting in blur motion at night. People are accepting of this doorbell because it is POE, not the great picture quality. Many would rather have POE over wifi and they have better cameras around the door to capture better images, but wanted a doorbell integrated with their system.