NVR recommendation: is this setup ok?

user_123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to set up a video surveillance system for my parents and wanted to ask if this setup is ok or if someone has any better recommendations.

It is planned to use the 3 current wifi cameras we already have ( BlitzWolf® BW-SIC1 IP67 720P HD Wireless Security Surveillance AP ONVIF Outdoor Wifi IP Camera ) and later add 2 or 3 additional cameras (this time then via PoE instead of wifi). Therefore I thought about an 8ch NVR. There should be an easy to use Android-App for live viewing as well as reviewing recorded footage. I am planning on adding a 1-2TB harddisk and the NVR should only record when detecting motion.

Because we don't really have much budget for this, so I can't really spend more then 120€ (145$) for an NVR.
I found this NVR from Dahua which even has IVS, H.265 and PoE: Dahua 4K NVR NVR4104 P 4KS2 4CH with 4 POE NVR4108 P 4KS2 8ch with 4PoE ports replace NVR4104 P NVR4108 P Network Video Recorder-in Surveillance Video Recorder from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-NVR2104-P-NVR2108-P-4-Channel-Smart-Mini-1U-4-PoE-Ports-HDMI-Network/2014316022.html
At a later time I probably would add the following 2 cameras from Dahua and connect them via PoE: Original Dahua IPC HDW4431C A replace IPC HDW4421C A 4MP Network IP Camera IR POE CCTV Mic Built in dome DH IPC HDW4431C A-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Would you recommend this NVR or do you have any better recommendation?
Is Dahua ok or should I look for example to Hikvision?
Apart from an English firmware, is there anything special to consider when buying a dahua product on Aliexpress?

Thank you in advance.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

user_123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your warning about the camera.

Regarding the NVR5208-8P-4KS2, this one sounds interesting but is too expensive for me. The main usage will be to sometimes get a live view at night around the house as well as check if the chicken are in or out of the barn, therefore my parents don't want to invest much money in this surveillance system (I think even an 50$ Escam NVR might be enough).
Are there any disadvantages with the NVR4108?

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I think you should first buy a 5231r-z cam and a Micro SD memory card then test .

You can save some money and after buy an NVR and add a cam

About the NVR410, i have no idea about it, check dahua web site for specs.

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Don't buy IPC-HDW4421C-A chinese model.
If you are limited by budget, i will start to buy 1 good camera (Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z))
And start slowly to buy more of these cameras.
For NVR, i will advise you to buy NVR5208-8P-4KS2 Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2 (poe will be include, no need to buy an external switch).
Better way will be nvr without poe (NVR5208-4KS2) and POE switch, it will depend of you. PoE Switch Suggestion List

Hope it helps you
Question, how can I tell which cameras I am buying from Andy are CHINA MODELS and which are the good ones?
No offense to anyone who is oriental, just comparing camera types here

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Go to international dahua web site http://www.dahuasecurity.com/ then search for the model you want , if you don't find the model then it is for china market

Another interesting link you can read about china model: Quick and Dirty Comparison of: HDW4431C-A V2 HDW4433C-A HDW4631C-A HFW4431R-Z HFW5231R-Z HDW5231R-Z
I use Dahua North America – Proven the World Over which is the U.S. site, would it make a difference? this is the site I have have been looking at cameras and comparing them to Andys.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Different part numbers, and new cams are slow to make to the US market.
Andy doesn't sell the China Region cams.
Why isn't the HDW5231R-Z or HDW5231R-ZE sold in the US? Did it used to? Or do you think it will come in the US market in the future?

Also, why does Dahua allow companies like Lorex to rebrand their cameras? Why wouldn't they want a greater market share?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why isn't the HDW5231R-Z or HDW5231R-ZE sold in the US? Did it used to? Or do you think it will come in the US market in the future?

Also, why does Dahua allow companies like Lorex to rebrand their cameras? Why wouldn't they want a greater market share?
dahua has purchased lorex...OEMing same device to different brands is done in many industries..with respect to lorex, they are a consumer brand..dahua doesnt want to direct support folks who have no idea what an ip address is.
Those are international models...some international models are sold in the US under different model numbers....but not the varifocal turret.