Pre trigger record time - Won't change

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure when it started but I started noticing all my alert clips had a big delay before I saw what motion happened.

I looked at my cameras, and they are all set to 5 seconds of pre trigger record time. Pretty sure I had them all set to 2 seconds.

If you edit it, hit okay, and back into camera settings it's back to 5s. If you edit it, uncheck pre-trigger record time, okay, and go back in it's checked and set to 5s again.

FWIW, All my cams are set to continuous so I don't think that setting actually really applies. But when viewing a clip, there is definetly a 5s delay before I see anything move.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is what happens when you are a beta tester and let it auto update and then whatever changes BI made applies to you and if you don't read the help file for the changes, you create a thread like this LOL (just giving you a hard time...you are like the 5th person that created a similar post).

Either turn off auto updates or continue to be a beta tester and wake up to sometimes significant changes to your system LOL.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is what happens when you are a beta tester and let it auto update and then whatever changes BI made applies to you and if you don't read the help file for the changes, you create a thread like this LOL (just giving you a hard time...you are like the 5th person that created a similar post).

Either turn off auto updates or continue to be a beta tester and wake up to sometimes significant changes to your system LOL.
That's not a bug, that's a feature. :)

I don't think I'm on a beta. But I did manually update to version 5.7.7.3 for a bug fix I found that Tim fixed. (Where external alerts wouldn't fire even when set to always).

Not sure how long this has been going on either. It's one of those things that's been annoying me for awhile but I finally decided to dig deeper. :)

I just changed one from continuous, to when triggered, fixed the time, okayed, it, changed back to continous and it stayed where I set it to.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On another forum there’s mention that this feature/change makes Reolink cams behave better?

Hate to think that something is now being forced on us to correct a Reolink issue!
That would be annoying. I only ever had one reolink, and got rid of it. Never again.

I emailed support to see what they say. I guess it's easy enough for me to change the recording mode, fix the time, then change back to continuous..

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Official answer from BlueIris.

Any time we're using dual streams, a 5 second pre-record time is now enforced. The solution is to uncheck "include fully during playback".

Reaction score
Under what setting would I find "include fully during playback"
I'm on version 5.8.7.2 and I can't change the pre-trigger record time from 5 seconds or turn off the pre-trigger record time.

Thanks

Juristo

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem here. I can't disable pre-trigger record time, and I'm not using dual-streaming, so it shouldn't be enforcing the new policy. I have so many cameras now, that because they're all constantly recording for the pre-trigger, my whole system slowed to a crawl.