5.7.7 - May 24, 2023

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.7.7 - May 24, 2023
In order to reduce the chance for inadvertent configuration errors, this version enforces the
use of required settings when dual-streaming is employed. Specifically, direct-to-disk
recording, a pre-trigger buffer of at least 5 seconds, and no “limit decoding.”

Whenever the pre-trigger buffer is configured yet it contains no key frame, the yellow
caution icon will be shown in the camera’s window. In this case, increase the key frame rate
to at least 0.25 via direct camera browser configuration.

Pulling the camera’s current image for the camera settings/general page, among other
functions, has been made more efficient for a more responsive UI.

Duplicate AI labels will be suppressed in the database memo field, showing only the highest
confidence, allowing more labels to be visible in this 35-character limited field.

AI static object analysis is under revision to allow more functionality, such as “missing
object” and “abandoned object” detection. In this version, you may view the current static
object status via the Trigger/AI/Static Object window.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've upgraded to 5.7.7.2 and now have the yellow caution icon shown on ALL my cameras windows, I'm not sure why, as the below shows most of my cams are key frame 1.00

1685000284306.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What’s your pre-trigger set to ? Mentions at least 5 seconds in the original post above.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What’s your pre-trigger set to ? Mentions at least 5 seconds in the original post above.
I did have them all at 3.0 seconds before the upgrade, when I saw the upgrade notes and the warning sign I changed them all to 5.0 seconds, but it hasn't made any difference - I have all my cameras setup like this

1685006269825.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Im not sure that I care for an enforced 5 second pretrigger. My LPR cam is set for a 1 second pretrigger and a 1 second break time which means cars show up in playback quickly and clips are short. Setting it to 5 seconds will mean lots of “dead air” with nothing happening for 4 seconds until cars enter the FOV.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and also tried the 5 sec. pretrigger but still have yellow triangle.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
So I discovered that if you do NOT have "record dual-streams if available" you will get the yellow triangle warning. Also even if you uncheck "pre-trigger record time" BI will automatically check it and go 3.0 seconds, but I do not get a yellow warning. The help file explains this in more detail.

102.jpg104.jpg

UPDATE: Ken replied:

Thanks ... fixing that (suppressing the warning). It's still OK to record only the main stream if you want.

Last edited:

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
5.7.7.3 has fixed the problem, I now only have one warning sign, but that is on a cheapo wifi cam I have in the garage that only runs 10fps with 0.10 key frame. - I do notice though that all my cameras have a forced 5.0 second pre-trigger, but I guess Ken has his reasons for this.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that no one has posted yet about recent changes to the 'memo' label on entries in the Alert list.

Specifically... that the alert 'memo' appears to no longer show AI results, like 'vehicle:91%'

The 'memo' has changed from something like this ...
alert_list_0.png

... to this
alert_list_1.png

Here's the explanation...

A few 5.7.7.x versions ago Ken added ONVIF trigger information to the memo.

The JSON alertlist cmd output (below) shows the change in detail.
Note how the new ONVIF trigger label RuleEngine… is now pushing the AI labels to the right and truncating them (e.g., ve instead of vehicle:91%).
(BTW, from this screenshot, It appears that the length of the [memo] value is limited to 35 characters.)

json_alertlist_example.png

When I asked Ken about this, he replied that the new ONVIF trigger labels are user-customizable (you can remove the labels, or change then to your liking)
The screenshots below show how to do this.

The current default...
cam_settings_onvif_event_1.png

Customized...
cam_settings_onvif_event_2.png

Here's an Alert list entry with a customized ONVIF trigger label

alert_list_2.png

To go back the previous behavior, just clear the Memo/label field...

cam_settings_onvif_event_3.png

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Version 5.7.7.12 update observation...

Presets per camera increased from 99 to 256

Prior to this version...
  • 40 was the limit of camera presets that could be edited via the Blue Iris GUI ('Camera Settings' > 'PTZ/Control' tab > 'Edit presets' dialog).
  • 99 was the limit of presets could be created by directly editing the Windows registry -- using a key path like
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\{CamName}\PTZ\Presets\99
    where '99' is the preset number.
Now all 256 presets can be edited directly using the 'Edit presets' dialog
(via the 'Camera Settings' > 'PTZ/Control' tab)
1687046678905.png

Background...

Before every update I try to always use the NirSoft utilty RegistryChangesView to create a Registry snapshot.
Then I use the utility to compare any registry changes made during the software update to this snapshot.
(see this post for a description of this process).

Usually there is nothing new -- but not so today.
For every camera, new keys were created under the \PTZ\Presets regkey path. Example...
1687046693073.png

Last edited:

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that no one has posted yet about recent changes to the 'memo' label on entries in the Alert list.

To go back the previous behavior, just clear the Memo/label field...

View attachment 165414
Funny that I google "RuleEngine" and really only find posts by you @jaydeel lol.

Just wondering, the following is what I have in my ONVIF Events. To get rid of the extraneous RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed; I need to manually delete the {EVENT} in everyone of these rules listed for all 16 cameras? :eek:

Ty

1696967885032.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Funny that I google "RuleEngine" and really only find posts by you @jaydeel lol.

Just wondering, the following is what I have in my ONVIF Events. To get rid of the extraneous RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed; I need to manually delete the {EVENT} in everyone of these rules listed for all 16 cameras? :eek:

Ty

View attachment 174446
I've since replaced the very long entries with short ones, like 'LD/C' (see below).
I do find them useful. I tweak each memo entry as I encounter them.

1696968274291.png

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've since replaced the very long entries with short ones, like 'LD/C' (see below).
I do find them useful. I tweak each memo entry as I encounter them.

View attachment 174447
Lol and I know this has nothing to do with you, but there are just so many of them and to manually have to configure them for every camera seems insane :eek::eek:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EvanVanVan It's very unlikely that all rules will trigger.

My approach, I disable all the rules except for the 1 or 2 IVS rule(s). Even the default motion ones, I disable because they can cause false alarms.

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@EvanVanVan It's very unlikely that all rules will trigger.

My approach, I disable all the rules except for the IVS ones. Even the plain motion one, I disable because they will cause false alarms.
True, ty for the suggestion. I guess really I could just do it one by one as they pop up in BI... rather than trying to tackle them all at once.