Reset Dahua NVR

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a house where there are Dahua cameras. They are connected to a Network Video Recorder Dahua NVR4208-8P-I but, unfortunately, the previous owner didn't reset it. I know there is two ways to do it:
1. Go in the settings and click a reset button; and
2. Press a physical button on the motherboard (if it exists on the NVR).
However, I can't go in the settings since it is protected by a password (set by the previous owner) and there is no physical button on the motherboard of Dahua NVR4208-8P-I.

Do you know if there is another way to reset it without asking the previous owner for his password ?

Have a nice day,
Thanks in advance ! :D

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
With and older firmware NVR i managed to reset it with the CCTV super password app. Select Dahua > Method > Reset with daytime > Press super password
Then use the code to login. I believe i used login name; admin and then the super password generated by the app...

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR4208-8P-I is a relatively new model. Your local Dahua representer (I know there are several in Belgium) should be able to help you with no time.
Have you tried login with pattern from console. Usually patterns are easy to discover and from there is very easy to reset the whole thing.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Need serial port to flash the nvr, other way will not work. If you are in US our guy can help you and charge a service fee. If buy from us will be free.

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. What do you call console? Isn't there a trial limit for patterns?
You might be locked out after 3-4 unsuccess's, but reboot will reset that counter and You can keep trying. I meant when you have display and mouse connected directly to your NVR.

Reaction score
You might be locked out after 3-4 unsuccess's, but reboot will reset that counter and You can keep trying. I meant when you have display and mouse connected directly to your NVR.
When you said « Usually patterns are easy to discover » You just randomly try some patterns or you know a list of frequently used pattern ?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
no need paid programs, but the NVR need a special adapter not easy to find on the market. Just ask your local dahua warranty center to help you!