Review-Dahua IPC-K42A 4mp Indoor Cube cam 2.8mm

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I know that they are still available for purchase. I was more wondering if there was something new and improved that I could purchase instead.
those cams are a really good bang for the buck for indoor use.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Looney,

I got this camera the other day and trying to hook it up now. I found the IP address from my router, navigated to it, but it is prompting me to enter a Username and Password in the browser. I tried the usual admin/admin, but that does not appear to work, any recommendations? I want to try to get this added to BI and/or Synology Surveillance Station to check it out in action.

Any help would be appreciated :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Looney,

I got this camera the other day and trying to hook it up now. I found the IP address from my router, navigated to it, but it is prompting me to enter a Username and Password in the browser. I tried the usual admin/admin, but that does not appear to work, any recommendations? I want to try to get this added to BI and/or Synology Surveillance Station to check it out in action.

Any help would be appreciated :)
I'd perform a hard reset by pressing the 'Reset/WPS' button on the back for more than 10 sec. then release.
Then follow the initialzation procedure beginning on page 4 of their Quick Startup Guide.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks :) found that the password is the safety code on the back of camera.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the latest firmware for this camera?

I can't get 2 way audio working with BI that others seem to have working using the IPC-A35 RSTP BI config. My camera shipped (from @EMPIRETECANDY Amazon store) with firmware from 2019 and others seem to have received devices running System Version: V2.800.15OG003.0.R, Build Date: 2020-09-19.

mecham56

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I just recently got this camera too and couldn't get it to work until I changed the stream profile to the following:

Make: Dahua
Model: *Main Stream RTSP

Main: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Make sure that audio is enabled in the camera settings from it's IP address and that's what fixed it for me.

That being said... the audio still sounds pretty robotic when I talk from my phone coming out of the camera's speaker. Not sure if any firmware fixes that or not, but that's where I'm currently at.

Does anyone have a link to the latest firmware for this camera?

I can't get 2 way audio working with BI that others seem to have working using the IPC-A35 RSTP BI config. My camera shipped (from @EMPIRETECANDY Amazon store) with firmware from 2019 and others seem to have received devices running System Version: V2.800.15OG003.0.R, Build Date: 2020-09-19.

remlemasi

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone share how they are using the built-in PIR sensor? Is it just another ”trigger” available in the FW, an alternative to video-based motion detection? Can I use it to trigger recording or even as an occupancy sensor in Scrypted to trigger whatever I want in HomeKit?

tacocat

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like EmpireTech stopped selling the IPC-K42A. I checked on ebay and there's IMOU - but they ship from China and Lithuania. And IMOUUS has only 32 items sold? Is this legit? Are there safer places to buy this camera? I love the shape.