Review-EmpireTech 8MP 45x PTZ SD8C845FG-HNF

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 166165

Here it is on front of house. It’s a bit too obvious for my taste. Wanted to paint it brown but that voids the warranty.
Not sure what those lookie-loos were pointing at.
That's a big beautiful house and that camera still looks huge on it LOL.

I'd paint it or tape or something LOL. If it hasn't pooped out by now, it will last beyond the warranty period.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have noticed with other cameras that use this new GUI that using that self-adaptive mode with BI will show No Signal errors. Are you seeing that in the BI camera status page?
not yet on 5.7.7.15. But I have only ran it on the day/night cycle for about a week. Will keep a eye on it.

1687695680791.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

After talking with @looney2ns , the camera is bit big to hang at a higher place, too dangerous for him, we need looney to help the later fixed smaller cams. Can't make him in dangerous. lol
So we will move this cam to @jmcu to do the left review.

He has a high pole. Sorry for the late! NEW Lottery we will go on arrange this one as supere Prize at July's sales.

1688011052349.png

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks to @jmcu for his assistance on this cam.

Night time.

Bonus daytime footage.

In the first video at about 2:20, you can see the IR on the camera mounted on the corner of the house go off when the lights on PTZ trigger it to go off.

Any chance we can see the footage from that cam to that happen?

Great video. Couldn't watch all of it as the internet is sllloowwww here today. I'll try later.

Thanks for the video!

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you looney and kmcu for another amazing perspective view of this eye candy camera from 2 different sceneries. That's one powerful and impressive camera but I think it fits more rural area with neighbors living far away from you. :D

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't use traditional IR, can't be flashing a spotlight around the neiborhood:rolleyes:
It has both white light and traditional IR.

illuminator.jpg

I was having trouble getting the light settings to stick, but after a few tries they are working correctly. I will say that even with white light set to near minimum, it acts like a spot light at night. I had to turn white light down all the way for it to be off.

BigTymer

n3wb
Reaction score
I am interested in the noise level of thus camera. My preferred mounting spot is on the second story of my house, but it is very near a bedroom window and it is often open at night. I have some other cameras that have built in fans that run 24x7. Anyone that owns this camera can you comment on any fan noise or motor noise?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am interested in the noise level of thus camera. My preferred mounting spot is on the second story of my house, but it is very near a bedroom window and it is often open at night. I have some other cameras that have built in fans that run 24x7. Anyone that owns this camera can you comment on any fan noise or motor noise?
Don't hear any fan noise.
The motor is briefly noisy when the cam pans quickly, if it's tracking a person walking, you won't hear it in most case's.